Black Series Helmets - whats next after Boba Fett

Seem to recall Hasbro saying that starting with the Red 5 bucket and going forward, all of their BS helmets would start as laser scanned from pieces in the archives. For certain they'll get a digital clean up, and some compromises for the size of the boxes they want to pack these things into (just thinking the assembly and how they're split into pieces), but laser-scanned as a starting point on a hundred dollar toy? Yes please. I think we don't end up with the weirdness of the Vader or TK sculpts again in this line.
Hope so. Vader was a huge letdown. Pre-ordered the Boba Fett–the alterations are not as egregious.

I'm surprised that we have not seen xwing pilot repaints as exclusives... they did a shock trooper... so Wedge and Biggs are an easy follow up. Even a luke vs remote helmet (blast sheild helmet) would be cool.

Id like to see a FO Trooper helmet, preferably the look from TLJ or TRoS with the more angled or "meaner" frown.

I would not be surprised at all if a Mando helmet is the next one based on the popularity, lack of merch ... and it would need to be a new helmet as its not a repaint of Fett's.

Biker Scout, Rebel Endor helmet, TIE helmet all very cool ideas....

It would not surprise me if they just used the Boba Fett helmet as the base for the Mandalorian helmet. Obviously we know the two are very different, but I don't expect Hasbro to go through the trouble. They've already made the Fett helmet inaccurately shaped by making it symmetrical, so why not just build the Mando from it.

I think it's kinda crazy that the entire Sequel Trilogy has come and gone and they haven't done a First Order Stormtrooper helmet yet.
So I'd personally like to see that one next, since they should have done it a long time ago.

But, I agree that The Mandalorian helmet probably should be next, due to its popularity.

Besides the First Order helmet, we also desperately need both phase I and II Clone helmets.

I'm hoping for a scout helmet. It's the least asymmetrical trooper OT lid and should look the most accurate among the BS helmets imo.

I dont think a FO trooper helmet is too likely, the trilogy is over and the Anovos can be pretty easily found for not that much more than a new BS helmet. Im guessing Hasbro will stick with OT and possibly Mando stuff for now.

Because no. The mohawk and ear pieces alone would warrant a new sculpt.

I still can't believe how cynical some people are about this helmet. They made a $120 Boba Fett helmet that isn't complete garbage.
Agree - particularly as this is Hasbro's 'high-end' collectable line. I didn't exactly dig how short they cut the TK neck, and the Vader has all kinds of weirdness going on with the sculpt, but none of that is due to shortcuts and 'cheaping out' in no way describes what the philosophy has evidently been with this line.

And their products are only looking better every release. The Black Series Kylo Ren lightsaber could have used the same sculpt, but they completely redid it and made huge improvements. The future is very exciting for budget Star Wars collectors.

I'm surprised that we have not seen xwing pilot repaints as exclusives... they did a shock trooper... so Wedge and Biggs are an easy follow up. Even a luke vs remote helmet (blast sheild helmet) would be cool.
They also released the Imperial shock trooper (GameStop exclusive) and the shadowtrooper (Amazon exclusive), the latter of which I didn't buy and I still kick myself for it.

But I'm also surprised that there haven't been any repaints of the Luke helmet, or of the Poe helmet for that matter. I mean, I suppose you could consider the Galaxy's Edge pilot helmets repaints of the Poe helmet, they are the same helmet, just without the electronics.

I don’t think the Poe helmet was a blockbuster that left people chomping at the bit for other variations, probably the same as Luke. Troopers are always popular, so it would make sense for easy re-releases with a different paint scheme. If they did a Biker Scout there’s be an east shadow scout to go with it. Plus it would tie in with the Mando show

Last edited:
The Galaxys Edge Helmets are not the same. They are child size.
They look the same to me. The Black Series helmet was fairly small as well, and the Disney helmets have all of the same details as the Black Series, it even has the indented "sliced onion" graphic on the side, which on some helmets has a sticker applied over it to try to change the graphic. All of the greeblies appeared to look the same and attach the same as well, and if I remember right, I seem to remember noticing what looked to be a place where the switch once was. But I'd have to have both helmets sitting next to each other to be certain of that.

They look the same to me. The Black Series helmet was fairly small as well, and the Disney helmets have all of the same details as the Black Series, it even has the indented "sliced onion" graphic on the side, which on some helmets has a sticker applied over it to try to change the graphic. All of the greeblies appeared to look the same and attach the same as well, and if I remember right, I seem to remember noticing what looked to be a place where the switch once was. But I'd have to have both helmets sitting next to each other to be certain of that.
I’ve had my hands on both. The Disney is child size and significantly smaller.

It occurred to me that you might be referencing the Anovos Poe Helmet. Galaxies edge sells 3 different Poe helmets. 2 child size in the white early Poe and the black and red. They both play sounds. The full size black and red is an Anovos helmet selling for $665 or so. None of them are Hasbro black series without the electronics.

I would love a Mando helmet. Instant buy. I was one of the people that was scammed by Anovos. A FOTK has left a sour taste in my mouth, so I probably won't buy one. But I know that many people are interested in a FOTK, and that's awesome. Hasbro is more reliable, so maybe I'll come around if they decide to model a TLJ style TK.

I would really like to see a Boushh helmet. Has always been one of my favourite designs from the OT.

Plus my Thermal Detonator is looking a bit lonely.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back