Black Series Boba Fett Helmet Announced

Nice job with the padding. I've removed the head harness thing that comes in the all Hasbro helmets I've gotten (Stormtroopers, Kylo, Iron Man) and replaced it with foam padding as well. So much better fit after that.

For those of you disassembling their helmet, perhaps this will help (sorry for the pic quality)

hasbro-star-wars-panel-081.jpg

Mine showed up today, and I lucked out on the paint apps: stripes are more or less level, and all of the scrapes and scratches line up. However, with the liner as-is, my eyes can't see directly out of the visor. But seeing as how it's just a display piece for me, I'm going to leave it alone. Odd that the X-wing helmet fits me so nicely...

Will definitely pick up a Mandalorian when the time comes. And wouldn't mind a TIE pilot or Rebel trooper from this series. Great stuff.

49888901646_c299af9f0b_o.jpg

Mine arrived at the weekend, I didn't even think to check for paint issues etc, now I 'm too scared to look!
I am very new to collecting at this scale and I don't have a vast amount of disposable income so for me these Black series helmets are awesome! However I feel a little underwhelmed with Boba's, maybe its because I was so impressed with the Stormtrooper and Luke's X-Wing helmet (which I own but Boba has stolen his shelf until Ikea reopens!)

20200512_055114.jpg

I will add one thing here I haven't seen mentioned: I was shocked by the size of the box when it showed up. Before I even took it out of the shipping box I thought "whoa, that's way smaller than I was picturing". Then I opened it, and the box inside that one was half the size! They really got this into the smallest box possible.

Haven’t gotten one yet. First let me say, I think it looks amazing for the price especially considering the details inside and out. Some mods will happen pretty easily to get it where most of us would want it. But, one question- why do the button for the range finder that way!? Seems turning the silver portion of the top of the ear would have made the perfect button and given a much better seam and more hidden. I’m sure it was cost, but heck $2-5 more per helmet would have easily covered it I would think.

I just got my preorder from BBTS even to though I purchased on from Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago.
I was hoping the cat scratch woulsnt bw as high as my first one...nope. Still too high. The kill stripes are not straight. Both of mine hsve some level of misapplied tampos. It's ok. I still think it's a home run from Hasbro.
It also reaffirms my belief that my EFX is a really fine bucket!

Finally got home & unboxed my BS Boba. Other than the cat scratch being a bit higher than it should be ( which I was expecting), I'm happy to report all else is fine. Kill stripes are straight, no visor scratches (DON'T TOUCH IT!! :lol:), & no misaligned paint apps:D(y). I did have to take out the headliner for my eyes to see out the visor correctly.
I got mine from Entertainment Earth.
I gotta echo everyone else... for $100, this thing is freaking awesome!

Finally attached the rangefinder today, and had a heck of a time doing it! Too bad it isn't metal. That would really put this bucket over the top.

Forgot to post in here that mine arrived. Fortunately, the kill stripes are pretty straight and no missing paint apps. The only issue I noticed is there's a bit of smudging to the weathering on the brow just under the scratch.

I'm not super familiar with the nitty gritty details of Boba's helmet, but I'm going to start collecting reference and planning some mods. I definitely want to replace the headliner with padding and possibly paint the interior details. I think I'm going to mask and repaint the kill stripes because I don't like how the edges aren't sharp and have that 3D glasses effect. I will also likely end up painting over some of the weathering to make it crisper, especially the areas that should be a metallic finish instead of a matte grey. And of course, giving the whole thing a weathering pass!

But overall, incredible piece for the money and I'm really glad I ordered one. What ESB fan doesn't have a Boba helmet in their collection?? :p

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back