Black Series Boba Fett Helmet Announced

ORDERED before i read the thread...darn now I bout a white helmet with painted over "damage"

Last edited:
I find it odd that they removed the dent but kept the surface texture. Doesn’t make any sense.
Yeah I don't get it. Even though they shouldn't have added the texture in the first place, I actually think it's kind of a cool feature on the normal helmet. On this one, no.

I'm ok with it. I'm thinking the stormtrooper armor would've taken damage too. In my head Canon, the armor would be solid, so damage would just show as chunks missing.

So I received my helmet order from Best buy today and my helmet is missing the silver scratches/paint detailing on the right side. The molded in damage is there but unpainted...
20200501_150432.jpg
20200501_145118.jpg

While I don’t deny that video clearly looks like the textured surface is underneath the white, I have my suspicions that that is just a mock-up product they thought would get them through for promos. I still pre-ordered one

So my Hasbropulse account says I've paid for it, but status says 'unfulfilled', I don't think I'm ever going PO from them again...

Just got the call from the local GameStop I pre-ordered mine through. They applied the online discount, so I got the ~$30 difference on a gift card. The killstripes are straight -- more or less. The other folks who have them "drop" toward the back, is it an even slope? Mine has all of them level, but the last five about a millimeter closer to the brow band than the rest:

killstripes front.JPG

killstripes rear.JPG

In general, though, I'm happy with it. The rangefinder earcap is going to need some attention. I do not yet have a full assessment of how I'm going to tackle it. I'll start a build thread once I get the ball rolling. WhiteShadow, I'm probably going to keep the molded hard plastic bits of the interior, but I definitely want to at least put dome padding in it. And full padding sets in my two Rubies build-ups, don't worry.

Here's some comparisons of the rangefinder and earcap... The overall size and thickness of the outer cap is pretty damn good:

earcap comparison 1.JPG

But the bottom "wedge" is waaaaaay off:

earcap comparison 2.JPG

Which I think is because the base portion is way too fat. The rangefinder stalk is the correct 6mm thickness. But where an accurate base has a slot only a hair wider, for a snug fit, this one is pretty gaping. At the very least it's getting disassembled. Not least because the rangefinder stalk needs to be replaced. An accurate one is about 5mm longer:

rangefinder stalk length comparison.JPG

...and the top bit is close, but not exact:

rangefinder stalk top comparison.JPG

The Supertrooper helmet was tempting for a moment. Not having to fill the dent is an attractive prospect. But in the end I prefer the darker plastic of the regular one. It's so much harder to see the flaws in sanded down white plastic.

sj9ers, if you can disassemble the helmet without much difficulty, I'd be glad to swap domes with you. I'd just be stripping off the paint apps as part of my mod anyway. Better if one that's missing paint already found a home that appreciated it.

sj9ers, if you can disassemble the helmet without much difficulty, I'd be glad to swap domes with you. I'd just be stripping off the paint apps as part of my mod anyway. Better if one that's missing paint already found a home that appreciated it.
Hey Inquisitor thanks for the offer. I'll take a look at disassembling it tomorrow. Right now I'm tossing around the idea of keeping this one for a custom paint job and tracking down another one to keep as is. I'll let you know what I decide

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back