Black Series Boba Fett Helmet Announced

Box image shows it as smooth - I guess we'll wait and see. If it's smooth, it's an instabuy. The helmet in the video just looks like someone bought the other and spray painted it white.

Would I lie to you my friend?!

:p

1588356657934.gif

Meh, I retract my previous comment. You can see the paint outlines even in the box images. They are just trying to make them less apparent.

I find it odd that they removed the dent but kept the surface texture. Doesn’t make any sense.

M guess is it was based on what they were willing to budget for this version. Any part difference is going to cost money to create and set up for manufacturing. I guess they were only willing to make a new dome piece and figured collectors would not mind the minor marring of the other pieces.

They stated the the price for the boba fett was due to the complicated paint app. This has been discussed in the thread.

I find it odd that they removed the dent but kept the surface texture. Doesn’t make any sense.
They only needed to make a new mold for the top of the helmet instead of the entire helmet that way, most likely. It doesn’t really bother me and even if it did it would be fairly easy to sand it and repaint it.

Either way I have it preordered.

The white Fett never really did it for me anyways, and keeping the molded in damage texture makes it a hard pass for me. Im just hoping a Mando helmet is in the cards at some point.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back