Black Series Boba Fett Helmet Announced

[
Can we just take a second to reflect that the fact that the above is a sentence being said in relation to a Hasbro toy is...let's face it...astounding? Also, I get it - you feel ripped off, but it's not like you didn't take heavy errr...'convergent evolution'...from the Riddell mini, so maybe enough has been said on the topic at this point?
Golly, that's such a good point. It really is a great product after all, so that makes it OK.

The reality is that if you check my thread on TDH, I credit the designer from Riddell. The design team from Hasbro doesn't even do that. In interviews with the team lead, they're claiming it as an original design.
So because people never lie, similarities must be purely coincidence. <mind blown>

Maybe a flexible laptop or tablet screen protector will work
Usually the good screen protectors need to be applied with a squeegee and some pressure. I'd think it would just cause more damage. This visor plastic is absurdly soft. Better to replace it altogether

I got an email yesterday saying mine was shipped from BB.
I'm still waiting on mine to ship. When the release date changed, I got an email from them stating that I'd be receiving it early, and I called them to confirm.

looks like they blew that.
The app says "Arriving by Friday" Let's see if they make it on-time.

Is it possible the scratching on the visors is actually some kind of tint layer? It seems crazy that the plastic itself would be that soft...

Picked one up at Walmart today and canceled my BBTS order. I was really surprised how much smaller the box was than the Luke helmet. It was packed nicely, a lot nicer than I thought it might be. Looks good to my UnFett trained eye. I forgot to check the kill lines to see if they were straight or not, but I'll reexamine that when I go back up my prop room this evening and get back with the info. My visor doesn't have any marks in it, but I did notice the helmet seems on the small side.

Fit in my detolf nicely though and there it sits lol.

Got mine today

I made absolutely certain I didn't touch the visor in any way when handling it, and yet I've gotten a small upside down "V" scratch right about eye level.

I'm not going to wear it much so it's not a detractor, but yeah. Soft stuff.

umdfCtG.jpg

XEFoiG6.jpg

And I think I inadvertently put a dead battery in the rangefinder because nothing happens when I flip it down. I'll mess with it later.

Last edited:
Got mine today

I made absolutely certain I didn't touch the visor in any way when handling it, and yet I've gotten a small upside down "V" scratch right about eye level.

I'm not going to wear it much so it's not a detractor, but yeah. Soft stuff.

View attachment 1292396
View attachment 1292397

Sorry this happened to you, Give it time, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some fan made stuff for this soon, Metal wars and range finder.. upgraded t visor

Picked one up at Walmart today and canceled my BBTS order. I was really surprised how much smaller the box was than the Luke helmet. It was packed nicely, a lot nicer than I thought it might be. Looks good to my UnFett trained eye. I forgot to check the kill lines to see if they were straight or not, but I'll reexamine that when I go back up my prop room this evening and get back with the info. My visor doesn't have any marks in it, but I did notice the helmet seems on the small side.

Fit in my detolf nicely though and there it sits lol.

Dang, I’ve checked 3 Walmart’s including one that said it was in stock both on brickseek and their website and no luck. Ask an employee and was unwilling to check the back.

By chance, did your Walmart show that it was in stock online...either the retail website or brickseek? Also which section of the store did you find it in? Thanks

Dang, I’ve checked 3 Walmart’s including one that said it was in stock both on brickseek and their website and no luck. Ask an employee and was unwilling to check the back.

By chance, did your Walmart show that it was in stock online...either the retail website or brickseek? Also which section of the store did you find it in? Thanks

Honestly, I didn't check beforehand. I went to a gamestop to see if they had them and learned "there wasn't one in a GS in 100 miles", according to the clerk(South/central NC). I decided to check out a Walmart that I had checked the day before that said they had 6+ and when I got there they had two, so I grabbed one.

My Walmart has it "in stock" both on the website and Brickseek but wasn't anywhere to be found when I looked Sunday. Lost track of the days.
Wasn't a place in the toy isle for it or in electronics and someone went to look in back with no luck.
They were looking for a toy though, so maybe it was being stored somewhere else with the electronics.

The stock went from 7 to 6 since the first time I checked it Saturday though, so someone may have found them.

What are the chances this is going to go on sale for the 4th?

Sorry this happened to you, Give it time, I wouldn’t be surprised if we get some fan made stuff for this soon, Metal wars and range finder.. upgraded t visor

Yep, I remember seeing improved visors and rangefinder stalks for the Rubies Fett helmets on eBay back then, no reason it shouldn't happen for the Hasbro Fett helmets.

I got my Amazon shipping notification a few minutes ago. Should be here May 4th-May 6th. Groovy.

Several makers have accurate r/f stalks and toppers -- 3D printed, cast, metal stalks... And there's always the T-visor site for replacement visors. It's not really a new market. ;)

You are correct and that is my biggest criticism especially her the other ear is painted so well

I'm jazzed for mine to arrive from Gamestop!

You are correct and that is my biggest criticism especially her the other ear is painted so well.

The only thing to my untrained, Not-a-Fett-expert eye is that the ear on the rangefinder side looks like it was molded in toy-looking colored gold plastic. Methinks this particular part would benefit from a repaint.

Right, we just need ones that will function with the Hasbro bucket and we are golden!
Yeah but will they fit the BS?
Well, I have a bunch of detailing pieces already. I pre-ordered the BS Fett helmet through GameStop and paid it off a bit ago. Just waiting on the phone call to come pick it up. I'll certainly be posting to let folks know how things fit. But given how this thing seems to be pretty accurately sized, anything meant for a 1:1 Boba lid should fit perfectly.
I’d like to do away with that push button ear piece
I can think of a couple ways to tackle that short of full replacement. Again, I'll definitely be posting my take on things and suggested approaches.

[
Golly, that's such a good point. It really is a great product after all, so that makes it OK.

The reality is that if you check my thread on TDH, I credit the designer from Riddell. The design team from Hasbro doesn't even do that. In interviews with the team lead, they're claiming it as an original design.
So because people never lie, similarities must be purely coincidence. <mind blown>

Usually the good screen protectors need to be applied with a squeegee and some pressure. I'd think it would just cause more damage. This visor plastic is absurdly soft. Better to replace it altogether

Sorry WhiteShadow: those comparisons are certainly unambiguously similar.
I’m not keenly aware of the Riddell spoken of, but the details of yours certainly seem ‘more’ similar than those.

I can empathize with the frustration; my only consolation is: mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery. Apparently (obviously) Hasbro referenced your helmet interior adaptation. Would be nice to see some form of fan reciprocation... but it’s a corporate world in this context... can’t be expected... and the designers pull reference from everywhere including the unlicensed fan usage. :[

Either way. Cool offering at a cool price.

Yeah, the visor on my Fett helmet has a small scratch as well. It doesn't really bother me as it's up near a corner and isn't really noticeable, and I figure that it's just some extra weathering, heh. I'm sure the "real" Boba Fett would have had a few scratches on his visor.

The kill stripes on my helmet are straight, for the record.

I'd love to know what they used to paint the interface connector thingy on the cheek with. It's so shiny that it looks like metal but it's definitely plastic. I've been trying to find some shiny paint like that for ages.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back