Black/Red Nike Mag Project

Thanks for the positive feedback and glad you like the red EL :)
I Got the lights working, just need to tidy it all up a bit using more glue and sticking down some areas but happy with the look so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 220
hi, i hope you can recieve this message, I'm new here.
I was hoping to post just to Taff83
Do you still have the templates for the foam inner piece?
It looks like the upper is just one piece of foam, am I right? A roll of Gym mat or something?
Just wondering the best way to try before cutting my foam.
I'd love to try to make something like that. Maybe not MAG replicas per se, but MAG-inspired.
Thanks for any info

Are they wearable? They look very good.
Thanks!!! Yes but i am keeping them for display, the silicone i think will damage with wear very fast and i really don't want to risk anything as i will not be making more mags.

Uppers are looking gooooooood Taff! :thumbsup
Thanks mate! here are a few more pics mainly of the left shoe which i am trying to get finished up asap.

hi, i hope you can recieve this message, I'm new here.
I was hoping to post just to Taff83
Do you still have the templates for the foam inner piece?
It looks like the upper is just one piece of foam, am I right? A roll of Gym mat or something?
Just wondering the best way to try before cutting my foam.
I'd love to try to make something like that. Maybe not MAG replicas per se, but MAG-inspired.
Thanks for any info

Replied via mail, thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• DUe4c8D.jpg
    DUe4c8D.jpg
    710.8 KB · Views: 296
  • KBgfUBW.jpg
    KBgfUBW.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 124
  • J9u9qmV.jpg
    J9u9qmV.jpg
    670.6 KB · Views: 132
  • DtMHhCF.jpg
    DtMHhCF.jpg
    573.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 3l1NYoE.jpg
    3l1NYoE.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 347
  • v516rpr.jpg
    v516rpr.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Hi Taff83, YOU MADE AN AWESOME JOB ON THIS ONE!

Before seeing your project I was planning to realize the same thing so i've been seraching some documentations and stuffs about "the possibility" of making a shoe by myself... And I was pretty discouraged. The bggest difficultie I've met was to find a way to fix the shoe to the sole (and making the sole - but I'll buy a HC replica for that)
And then, I saw your post !!!! :)

I've got some technical questions about it (as it is my first attempt). And you've already respond to the first one about the "wearability" of the shoe. The second question was about the sole. Did you made them or is it a HC painted ? If yes, what painting did you use ? Is it still ok or does it crumble after one or two walk ?

Thanks for your time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back