Black Hawk Down Diorama: Super 64 Crash site

Robbie TPC

Little side project I'm working on, a 1/72 scale diorama.
Progress so far,

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1479.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

You guys tell me which movie and scene.
Good luck :thumbsup

Last edited:
Re: What am I building ?

I'm assuming, from the pictures, either what Jedimaster suggested (something from the Indiana Jones films, most likely the sword vs. gun scene) or you're doing a diorama set in a deserted, post apocalyptic Griffith Observatory.

Re: What am I building ?

Black Hawk down, crash site 2 with the two snipers holding the crowd off?

We have a winner :thumbsup
Yes, it is the second crash site when Mike Durants Black Hawk 'Super 64' went down.
The movie is based on the real story but the crash site(s) in the movie are not the same as the real crash sites back in '93.

Real Super 64 crash site,

sup64crashsite.jpg

Movie Super 64 crash site,

super64moviecrashsite.jpg

Anyway back to business, next update ASAP.

It's a bit unorthodox way of modeling, I used old plywood/triplex leftovers to build up the diorama. Old material I wanna get rid of but didn't wanna throw it away in the garbage. I think you can call this guerilla model making.

Started to paint the road and buildings on the right, this is just the first basecoat. Gonna use different base colors to create lots of dept and details.

Foto-FVKWUZCN-D.jpg

Couldn't help but create an account just for this, I happen to be working on a 1/35 of the real Crashsite- don't have any photos to upload but will soon. Could I get an reply on what you plan to use for Crew members and Shugart Gordon?

Welcome aboard :thumbsup
I don't know yet what to use for the crew/delta and Somali figures, still searching.

Added a few more base colors,

IMG_1553.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back