Black Canary 2.0 from CW's Arrow

A couple of people msg'd me and asked for detailed pics of the SA garter belt so I took pictures and measurements and made an album. If anyone is DIY'ing it I hope this helps. Apologies if some of the pics are a little unclear, my good camera started malfunctioning at the beginning of the weekend. If any clarifications are needed just let me know. Album can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/By8V8

Thank you so much for these photos! I had sent an email to Skingraft asking for measurements of the belt but was unsuccessful. Would I be able to ask how long the belt measures overall across the hips and across the leg band?
Thanks for sharing so many of your resources!

Has anyone ordered the CosplaySky version yet? I've hit a wall with the jacket and am about to throw in the towel as DragonCon is approaching quickly. I've never ordered from them before and know their quality is mixed, but this particular jacket does look halfway decent.

I've found some off-the-shelf prospects that were promising, but haven't been able to get the sizing right (I'm 5'10" with a long torso, so everything that is cropped is too short for this costume; plus, I usually fall in between M/L in sizing and have trouble getting a fitted look.) Creating the jacket from scratch is out -- made one once for another costume, and was never very happy with the results. At this point I'm happy to just buy the thing and add upgrades.

All of the other pieces are coming along fine (thanks so much for those belt shots, s4ffron!), and I'm going with the Buttercup Arda wig in ash blond. Thinking of picking up a pair of Phinas to keep things simple -- they're similar enough for my tastes, and you can't have too many pairs of Docs! :D

Has anyone ordered the CosplaySky version yet? I've hit a wall with the jacket and am about to throw in the towel as DragonCon is approaching quickly. I've never ordered from them before and know their quality is mixed, but this particular jacket does look halfway decent.

I've found some off-the-shelf prospects that were promising, but haven't been able to get the sizing right (I'm 5'10" with a long torso, so everything that is cropped is too short for this costume; plus, I usually fall in between M/L in sizing and have trouble getting a fitted look.) Creating the jacket from scratch is out -- made one once for another costume, and was never very happy with the results. At this point I'm happy to just buy the thing and add upgrades.

All of the other pieces are coming along fine (thanks so much for those belt shots, s4ffron!), and I'm going with the Buttercup Arda wig in ash blond. Thinking of picking up a pair of Phinas to keep things simple -- they're similar enough for my tastes, and you can't have too many pairs of Docs! :D

I would absolutely avoid CosplaySky. I had the worst experience. You can try to order just the jacket, as I did, but there is a good chance that you will get the whole outfit and they will want to charge you for it. I went back and forth with their customer service for over a week, trying to get the order refund straightened out. They only responded when I started using the words "theft" and "stealing".

Conversely, I think their jackets are the only things they do well. Everything else feels or looks cheap.

If you can get them to custom charge you for the jacket BEFORE you pay them anything (meaning 1/2 the cost of the listed costume or less), that is the only way I would suggest their products. Otherwise, I would suggest finding a local tailor and use cheaper materials.

Also, I can post pictures of the CosplaySky version that I bought for Canary 2.0 later today. You can decide for yourself if you want to get in on the slightly inaccurate version.

11722154_10206029309306612_1296698415298526486_o.jpg11222609_10206029315906777_4317298757197775568_o.jpg11722474_10206029305746523_5561384233075291686_o.jpg

I would absolutely avoid CosplaySky. I had the worst experience. You can try to order just the jacket, as I did, but there is a good chance that you will get the whole outfit and they will want to charge you for it. I went back and forth with their customer service for over a week, trying to get the order refund straightened out. They only responded when I started using the words "theft" and "stealing".

Conversely, I think their jackets are the only things they do well. Everything else feels or looks cheap.

If you can get them to custom charge you for the jacket BEFORE you pay them anything (meaning 1/2 the cost of the listed costume or less), that is the only way I would suggest their products. Otherwise, I would suggest finding a local tailor and use cheaper materials.

Thanks for sharing your experience and the pics. They did get back to me and said the jacket alone would be $125, but that's nearly the price of the whole thing and it sounds like it might be more trouble than it's worth on a time crunch (although it does look decent in your pics!) I think at this point I'll just use the closest match off-the-rack jacket I found and try to add a hem where the belt is supposed to go to make it longer.

I also came across these boots if anyone is interested (in stock up to size 9 at the moment): West Blvd Womens Tehran Over The Knee Thigh High Boots ($27, Amazon)

WestBlvdWomensTehran.jpg

Hey all,

anyone out there could probably help me with the correct shirt and gloves from Bebe as my daughter would like to get that outfit besides my son as Green Arrow and here in Germany it´s not easy to get this stuff.

Greetings Heinz

Hey all,

anyone out there could probably help me with the correct shirt and gloves from Bebe as my daughter would like to get that outfit besides my son as Green Arrow and here in Germany it´s not easy to get this stuff.

Greetings Heinz

Since both the gloves and shirt are discontinued, you will have to look for third party close-enoughs or search eBay. You can buy a floral lace shirt and use a cami or tank top under it to achieve the same look as the original bebe shirt. For the gloves, you can buy a cheap pair of fishnet gloves and faux leather gloves and attempt to sew them together.

Best of luck!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back