Bioshock2 Big Sister build

harleychainsaw

Okay so I'm making a Big Sister cosplay for the upcoming MCM convention in London in May and thought it would be fun to share my progress.

I first started off with the neck piece, I used an old mannequin and sculpted the neck piece shape and size. From here I was then able to cover the sculpture in plaster to get a mould of the neck piece which I then coated in resin and fibre glass to make the final neck piece.
4ac9b8233e806187a2fb575a9306d2b0.jpg4d347a0f15cbd67c774df13579fd02b8.jpgeaabac457c43476e5627d1944cd8899c.jpg
Once I had the neck piece I then sanded down all the edges to ensure there were no sharp edges and to neaten them. Next I added the first coat of primer i then sanded the neck piece again before applying a second layer of primer.
b5ff573925b20d746606199b080489a6.jpgNext all of the trims/details were added, such as the bolts. The front two bolts were made out of wood and the smaller bolts around the ring of the piece were made using resin. It was then primed a final time ready to be painted!
577e84c34335029b20cd6642942def46.jpg

I will be updating this as I make further progress ^^ hope you enjoy. I've not gone massively into detail just a rough outline of what I've done.
You can find my work on www.facebook.com/harleychainsaw and https://instagram.com/harleychainsaw/

Thankyou :) I've been using some machinery to save time on sanding, cutting materials etc and the only things that I haven't moulded and casted are the helmet and tank. Used a plastic globe for the helmet and plastic tubing for the tank

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back