Bioshock 2 Subject Delta Costume Complete New Pics 2/25/12!

Re: Bioshock 2 Subject Delta Costume WIP with Pics!

This looks AMAZING!

Alot of people have tried and failed, but you seem to pull it off!

As I mentioned before, progress is a little slow right now as I have some other pressing issues right now. But My friend David was able to start weathering the helmet. Here's a first look:

2011-04-26_19-14-08_962.jpg

looks sweet so far. i finnaly found the peakura file you used :D i too am trying my best to be at dragoncon this year as delta. hope to see you there!

Thanks. The weathering as I mentioned before was done by my friend who goes by torsoboy on the forums. I ordered the resing for the remaining drill greblies and the dye for the dive suit fabric so hopefullyly we will start to see some more progress soon.

Seeing out of that helmet is going to be a PITA, hope you have friends to help direct you around. lol

This looks amazing! I love the paint job! Can't wait to see more pictures...

Wow...just wow...best subject Delta i have seen! Maybe adding a couple of barnacles would get that underwater feeling?

Yeah, your friend is doing a great job. Can't wait to see the final results.

Bioshock 2 definitively needs more love. Good luck to you, the helmet looks amazing !

The progress hit a major milestone in that the heltmets weathing now allows it to be assembled and the consmetic work on the drill is now complete. My camera is broken so I don;t have progress pictures right now but here are some shots from the test fitting we did this afternoon.

DSCN1437.jpg

DSCN1440.jpg

DSCN1443.jpg

DSCN1445.jpg

DSCN1446.jpg

DSCN1447.jpg

DSCN1448.jpg

Please keep in mind this will not be the jump suit on the final produce. I will be tearing it appart and using it as a pattern for a heavier weave suit closer to grey. Also, only the top is padded right now, but the legs will be padded to to provide the correct hulking figure. Hopefully ill have pictures of the painted drill later in the week.

That is amazing!!! Beautiful job. I really need to try this pep costuming out sometimes.
Mike

That is amazing!!! Beautiful job. I really need to try this pep costuming out sometimes.
Mike

Pepakura is a nice tool, but keep in mind it is really only a base for sculpting. To get from here:
DSCN6484.jpg

To here:
DSCN6700.jpg

Took about 3 months of sculpting work with balsa, plywood, and mondo, plus I had to make 3 mini molds for details before I could mold the helmet itself. Also remember that only the helmet base is pepakura. The tanks were cardboard cylinders and the drill was designed mostly in Microsoft Excell.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back