Bio Helmet Help?

Dragonoidhunter

Hi, I just have no clue how to do this:
I have made the Bio Helmet out of resin and all that good stuff and I have 2 sunglass lens that i would like to cut and shape into the shape of eyes to put into the bio helmet. But, I have no idea how to do so... Should I use a hair dryer to melt them in shape or should I cut them with a dremel or something? This is my first costume im working on so I need a bit of help.
Thanks in advance :)

Are your eye holes two separate holes? One big one? Do you have a pic of the bio? You may be better off using sheets of plastic (Clear folder from Officemax or Walmart works) with tint and/or netting (Window screen at Home Depot or black hose) behind it. All can be hot-glued. I would think that any heat you apply to the lenses is going to warp the vision, but if it's for display it may not matter. Don't think a hair dryer is going to be hot enough, though. You'll want to pick up a cheap heat gun at a place like Harbor Freight, Amazon, or eBay. Since you constructed your bio, I'm assuming a budget build. But if not, also look on Amazon and eBay for motorcycle helmet visors, paintball goggle visors, etc. Actually, look anyway, they're not that expensive.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back