Big trouble in little china

GOING SOLO

Love this costume would love to do!!! This was actually the look the designers went with for raiden in mortal kombat. Has any one tried or attempted this???? I found an actual hat used ib the movie. Only 3,500.00 lol!!!!

Somebody has tried it search for the "The Really Really Long DragonCon 2011 Video" on YouTube, at the 14:04 mark. Just not a woven hat. Good idea idea though, classic movie!

The style of hat worn by the (3 Storms) is actually a JAPANESE hat, called a "Ronin Gasa" or Ronin (masterless samurai) hat. I owned one of these in Japan.
komuso85.jpg

My mother is a quite successful basket weaver in our area,with her works on display in museums. I might have to commission an accurate Ronin Gasa! Are there any closer screen grabs of the hats?

My mother is a quite successful basket weaver in our area,with her works on display in museums. I might have to commission an accurate Ronin Gasa! Are there any closer screen grabs of the hats?

if that's the case, if she's willing PLEASE PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE! for serious!!!!!!

Meeeee too!

- - - Updated - - -

Meee too! I'd be down to pay for a commission. I'd be even willing to do screen caps from the Big Trouble In Little China Blu-Ray!

Ha, this was one of my favorite movies. When i got married I hooked my wife on the movie. Now we both have hooked are three kids on the movie. Just watched it two weeks ago. Good luck with the project.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back