Beta Ray Bill build (Journey into Mystery version) (pic heavy)

6 finger wizard

This is something I've been wanting to do for a while, based off this design
beta-ray-bill2.jpg
I've been working on the face for a while, here's the underlying structure
IMG_20170410_200843908.jpg
here's what it looks like with the morphsuit mask attatched
IMG_20170517_233656874.jpg
I've been giving the skin a pebble-ish texture with cut up bits of craft foam (to match a set of 3 fingered latex gloves)
IMG_20170521_240644219.jpg
sculpted the schnozz out of crayola model magic
IMG_20170522_213133248.jpg
and i've been painting over the whole thing with fabric paint
IMG_20170602_173625746.jpg
I think I like it so far, next step is the teeth.

Looking cool. I like that you went with a skin texture. Also, the helmet in the drawing looks a lot like the Ragnarok helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!!! Beta Ray Bill! Super rare to see one of these. Love the mask so far. Can't wait to see more.

I did briefly consider using the Ragnarok helmet but eventually decided to stay pretty close to the original
IMG_20170605_210404656.jpg
I may modify the cheek plates to frame the face better, but ill wait until i get more of the neck and shoulders done to make that call.
I'm planning on sneaking in some little details to call back to his classic design.

Updates may get pretty sparse in my frantic rush to Denver Comic Con, here's a pic of one of the arms
IMG_20170621_180957957.jpg
the muscle suit started as a foam pepakura of Briareos' upper arm from this thread https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=148889&highlight=briareos
the sleeve of the morphsuit went on over that, and the same foam scales I used on the face went on over that. The bracers are just craft foam, more on those once I get them painted. The hands were Rubies Tomar Re latex hands, from the green lantern movie.

EDIT: i'm still debating wether or not to add some kind of subtle tattoo to one or both of his shoulders, like a valknut or something designating that he's a cyborg (beta-symbol WS337)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back