Best Movie Soundtrack

crabra comander

Master Member
Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm with Mic on this one.

My list cut and pasted from the other soundtrack ("your top 5 soundtracks") thread.

Superman
YouTube - Superman - John Williams - Boston Pops 5/26/2007

The Cowboys
YouTube - The Cowboys - John Williams and Boston pop orchestra live 93

The Day the Earth Stood Still
YouTube - The Day the Earth Stood Still - Prelude/Outer Space/Radar

Capricorn One
YouTube - Jerry Goldsmith - Capricorn One (1977)

Towering Inferno
YouTube - The Towering Inferno

Some others worth mentioning...
Papillon
The Last Samurai
Mary Poppins
The Pink Panther
The Sting
The Godfather
Planet of the Apes
Lawrence of Arabia
The Magnificent Seven
The Great Escape

Doug

Superman soundtrack is pretty epic, but thats a give in. That Tommy is pretty savage as well. I'm looking more for something I can play in my car. Good picks.

im still very much into the tron legacy soundtrack 1 year on :) i do like my instrumentals, i also like the borne and dark knight tracks.

The two movie soundtracks (not including musicals like Oliver!) that got the most play growing up on my turntable--kids, it was this round spinning thing you'd put round, grooved discs on and a needle would drag through the grooves to make sounds--were...

1) Excalibur - Orff's O Fortuna from Carmina Burana, Wagner's Ride of the Valkryies, Albinoni's Adagio in G Minor.
2) Goldfinger - best Bond soundtrack overall, but I give a slight nod to Lulu's The Man With The Golden Gun theme song (the version played at the end of the film), as well as McCartney's Live and Let Die theme song, over Bassey's Goldfinger.

Still love them both! But of course I'm modernized now, and listen to them on my Walkman. :)

The Wook

im still very much into the tron legacy soundtrack 1 year on :)

Definitely a good one.

For me, here's some of my picks:

Koyaanisqatsi, entire score by Philip Glass.

Now, everyone knows I dislike Inception, but I like only two tracks from the score (honestly they sound like they would have work better for another film), and those tracks are "Mombasa" and "Time".

James Howard Newton's soundtrack for Unbreakable (let's face it, it's an amazing soundtrack for an underrated film). I definitely, out of all the tracks love "The Orange Man".

You can never go wrong with Tangerine Dream. Their scores for Near Dark and Miracle Mile are amazing.

Vangelis' score for Blade Runner is another amazing one that comes to mind.

The score to Manhunter by The Reds & Michel Rubini is one that also comes to my mind.

But overall, Ennio Morricone's work is an excellent one. On of my favorite tracks, out of all the ones I've heard, is "Ecstasy of Gold" from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Definitely a good one.

For me, here's some of my picks:

Koyaanisqatsi, entire score by Philip Glass.

Now, everyone knows I dislike Inception, but I like only two tracks from the score (honestly they sound like they would have work better for another film), and those tracks are "Mombasa" and "Time".

James Howard Newton's soundtrack for Unbreakable (let's face it, it's an amazing soundtrack for an underrated film). I definitely, out of all the tracks love "The Orange Man".

You can never go wrong with Tangerine Dream. Their scores for Near Dark and Miracle Mile are amazing.

Vangelis' score for Blade Runner is another amazing one that comes to mind.

The score to Manhunter by The Reds & Michel Rubini is one that also comes to my mind.

But overall, Ennio Morricone's work is an excellent one. On of my favorite tracks, out of all the ones I've heard, is "Ecstasy of Gold" from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Weird... we could swap playlists and not even realize we'd done it.

Top Gun. Not as much nowadays, but still...

O Brother Where Art Thou? - Awesome movie too. Have the soundtrack here in the house somewhere...

Just about all of the music John Williams does is really good. I mean, come on, he gave us, what two iconic sagas, not to mention other extremely good movies, some of which I noticed were on the 'What Movies Make You Cry?' thread. Go figure.

Most of the movie music I like is either stuff I can listen to at work and not feel totally lethargic, or stuff that kinda makes me feel wistful.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back