Best Movie Soundtrack

I always loved the use of 'The End" in Apocolypse now. Never paid much attention to the song until that movie

Another great opening scene was Zombieland. Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" never sounded so good for some reason

Another soundtrack that I think really enhanced the movie was O Brother Where Art Thou (although soundtrack's do play a big part in any Cohen brothers movie). It really got me to listen to more Bluegrass.

Also I though Pulp Fiction gave me a new appreciation for a lot of the music in there. Dick Dale, and of course Stealers Wheel - Stuck in the Middle With You.

I have yet to stop listening to the "Tron Legacy" soundtrack

Movies should get artist like Daft Punk to do movie soundtrack more often

Some of my favorites in no specific order:

Blade Runner - Tales from the future:
Blade Runner Soundtrack Tales Of The Future - YouTube

Black Hawk Down - Hunger:
Black Hawk Down OST - Hunger - YouTube

Chariots of Fire - Theme:
Chariots of fire - movie, opening scene - YouTube

Back to the future - Power of love:
Back To The Future Music Video - The Power Of Love - YouTube

Mortal Kombat - Techno Syndrome 7" Mix:
The Immortals - Mortal Kombat (Techno Syndrome 7" Mix) - YouTube

Mortal Kombat - Control (Juno Reactor Instrumental):
Traci Lords - Control (Juno Reactor Instrumental) - YouTube

2001 Space Odyssey - Also Sprach Zarathustra:
Richard Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra / 2001 Space Odyssey opening theme - YouTube

And alot more! :p

I have yet to stop listening to the "Tron Legacy" soundtrack

Movies should get artist like Daft Punk to do movie soundtrack more often

Or at least get one of them if you can't get both. Have you ever heard Thomas Banghalter's score for Irreversible? I know the film is hard to sit through, but the music he composed for it was so dark and terrific at the same time (in fact, Gasper Noe asked him to do the score for Enter the Void since he did an excellent job on Irreversible, but he wasn't able to do it because it conflicted with scoring TRON: Legacy). One of my favorite tracks from the film is "Outrage".

But I definitely like Daft Punk's work together, especially the soundtrack to T:L. I can't name one track I didn't like throughout the film.

Anyone ever put together a soundtrack to the Tom Hanks film "The Man With One Red Shoe?" As far as I know this and Ferris Bueller never made it, but I did find a few Buckaroo Banzai soundtracks on ebay years ago...

I'm a score junkie so I have quite a few 'faves' on my list, but Horner's score for Rocketeer and Zimmer's score for Gladiator come to mind as some of the best.

"Hackers" has topped my list since 1996 and has stayed there (despite some decent challengers). It evokes the feeling of the film while being an overall great CD.

There are some challengers - and there's a lot that I like single tracks (namely "Theme" tracks) from, but as for complete albums...
- Blade Runner
- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- A Clockwork Orange (even though I wasn't a fan of the movie)
- Doctor Horrible
- Jurassic Park
- La Femme Nikita (TV Show)
- Powaqqatsi
- Swordfish

I'm not even going to get into Themes because there's so MANY great ones! There's also other albums that I like 60-75% of what's on it.

I don't really like all the songs on any one sound track. But there are definitly sound tracks that have some jam'n tunes on them!

Rocky IV, Top Gun, Swordfish, XXX, Over the Top, Iron Eagle, The Perfect Weapon, Bloodsport, etc...

...heck, I even like the Vanilla Ice track "Go Ninja Go Ninja Go" from TMNT!! LOL.

Most soundtracks that I like are ones that motivate me to workout.

Thats a tough one but you would you have put Highlander in the #1 spot. Queen to me is pretty impressive.

Here are the others that crack my list:

Back to the Future
Top Gun
A New Hope
Pulp Fiction
Singles
O Brother Where Art Thou

Best soundtrack/score for me...

Sunshine - John Murphy

Moon - Clint Mansell

Black Hawk Down - Hans Zimmer

Tron Legacy - Daft Punk

Tree of Life - Mozart / Patrick Cassidy / etc

Inception - Hans Zimmer

Gladiator - Hans Zimmer / Lisa Gerrard

Man on Fire - Lisa Gerrard

True Romance - Hans Zimmer

All have amazing music.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back