Best adhesive for plastic + MDF

LazyT747

Need a little help choosing an adhesive for my project. I am going to use it to glue the MDF lips to the mouth of my 1/8 inch thick plastic globe. I was hoping to get some opinions because I really want it to hold/last.

Any suggestions on what the strongest and most durable stuff to use would be? Thanks.

Two part epoxy glue would work just fine. I usually go with the 5 minute epoxy. Shorter wait time. Just make sure to rough up the section of globe that the MDF will be attached to. The glue needs a rough surface for a good bond. I usually use 60 grit sandpaper for the roughing process. I hope this helps.

I use shoe goo for everything just about., or high temp glue sticks. It's cheap and has a bit of give. Once it sets after 48 hours its really tough.

My first thought was DAP contact cement. It's commonly used to glue plastic laminate to plywood or MDF for countertops---really good for gluing a variety of materials together permanently, and it's flexible.

I ended up buying a 2 part epoxy as well as the DAP contact cement. The 2 part epoxy was dried up so I took it back. Ended up using the DAP, hopefully it works well. Thanks again guys.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back