Beginner Thor-- Age of Ultron

JLeong

Hello, all!

I am fairly new to costuming. This upcoming project is only my third, and it is the first costume I'll be making from EVA foam.
I want to tackle Thor from The Dark World/ Age of Ultron. I really love the design of the costume.
The plan is to craft the vest from EVA, as well as each of the layered parts from EVA, covering each in a faux leather material. I have looked at a number of great threads here, so hopefully the veteran Thor costumers will be able to help!

I am a little lost as to how to start with the vest. I wanted to purchase a cheap-o Dark World costume (like from Rubies) to cut up to use as a pattern for my EVA vest.
The problem is that no such costumes are still available.

What should I do to create a pattern for the base vest?
How do others usually start?

I was thinking of using the Avengers version of the Rubies costume as a template, but I am a bit worried as it is quite a different shape.

Thanks for your help!

Check out the post by 6 finger wizard. So far the best examples I have seen are from him. I'm actually starting work on this myself. I plan on making using a template I saw in one of his threads to for the base to put around a dress form and body cast I have.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back