Beginner Thor-- Age of Ultron

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by JLeong, May 17, 2015.

1. JLeong

JLeong New Member

Hello, all!

I am fairly new to costuming. This upcoming project is only my third, and it is the first costume I'll be making from EVA foam.
    I want to tackle Thor from The Dark World/ Age of Ultron. I really love the design of the costume.
    The plan is to craft the vest from EVA, as well as each of the layered parts from EVA, covering each in a faux leather material. I have looked at a number of great threads here, so hopefully the veteran Thor costumers will be able to help!

I am a little lost as to how to start with the vest. I wanted to purchase a cheap-o Dark World costume (like from Rubies) to cut up to use as a pattern for my EVA vest.
    The problem is that no such costumes are still available.

What should I do to create a pattern for the base vest?
    How do others usually start?

I was thinking of using the Avengers version of the Rubies costume as a template, but I am a bit worried as it is quite a different shape.

Thanks for your help!

2. mysterious3rdgu

mysterious3rdgu New Member

Check out the post by 6 finger wizard. So far the best examples I have seen are from him. I'm actually starting work on this myself. I plan on making using a template I saw in one of his threads to for the base to put around a dress form and body cast I have.

3. 6 finger wizard

6 finger wizard Active Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence mysterious3rdgu, im actually planning on posting the template for my newest thor costume sometime soon, im not sure i could tell you where to start JLeong but message me if there's anything you need