BB-8 Star Wars APP enabled droid is now a useless piece of Junk as of 10/4/21

Unfortunately I just purchased the force band... that doesn't work due to no app. I dont trust the apk sites at all. At least the droid can move around using the sphero edu app

I remember seeing videos when these first came out of the droid exploring the environment autonomously and learning, thats what I thought was so cool about these, far as I know they don't have anything similar to this currently. I'm not really interested in a remote control Device or learning kiddy programming.

To me it seems strange to me that they just up and stopped supporting one of their products when there are so many still in use out there and so many still being sold by third party sellers. Just look them up on Amazon, people are trying to get $400 for these, I wonder how many kids will be disappointed this christmas when they find out there is not way for them to use there new toy, I feel sorry for the parents already. It just makes no sense why Spherro would do this, must be some sort of dispute with Disney, the least disney could do is pick up the support and offer the app themselves.

As an aside I managed to track down the original SW droid app and installed it on an old phone I had laying around. Works absolutely fine.
Don't ask me for the link as I forget but I'm fairly sure it was on a reddit thread somewhere out there in internetland.

Bir kenara, orijinal SW droid uygulamasını bulmayı başardım ve ortalıkta dolaştığım eski bir telefona yükledim. Kesinlikle iyi çalışıyor.
Unuttuğum için benden bağlantıyı istemeyin ama bunun internetland'de bir yerde bir reddit dizisinde olduğundan oldukça eminim.
What is the make and model of this old phone?

Hello, friends, for bb-8, download bb-8.xapk file (size around 250 mb) from internet. Download the installer xapk application from the play store on your Android phone, and with the help of it, install the bb-8.xapk file, that's it. I tried and got it working. I hope it helps someone.

I found a 5th gen Kindle Fire (SV98LN) and was able to install the Sphero Force Band & Droids by Sphero apps using the Aptoide service. Thus far the force band works fine on its own. Logged in, updated, works with the app. I do not have the R2D2 yet as its been picked up by a friend. The point is, if you can get one of these old and cheap Amazon Kindle Fire, then you have a decent controller that won’t update to an incompatible OS.
Great suggestion...I was able to download and install the app on a kindle fire, but now the app is just stuck on the loading screen. Any advice on that part of the process?

I found a 5th gen Kindle Fire (SV98LN) and was able to install the Sphero Force Band & Droids by Sphero apps using the Aptoide service. Thus far the force band works fine on its own. Logged in, updated, works with the app. I do not have the R2D2 yet as its been picked up by a friend. The point is, if you can get one of these old and cheap Amazon Kindle Fire, then you have a decent controller that won’t update to an incompatible OS.
Great suggestion on the kindle fire...It worked to download and install the apps...Unfortunately now it is just stuck on the loading screen...Any advice on that piece of the puzzle?

I just bought one of these, the special edition! cool as all! it was delivered today!

But it's a worthless piece of JUNK!

It won't even turn on without the app, which has been discontinued!

I was racking my head against the wall looking for any hint of the app on the apple app store, so I decided to contact sphero support and I ran across a message on their website that said star wars droids are no longer supported and their apps are no longer available for download as of 10/4/21.

I' m absolutely appalled!

Someone ought to tell the tens of thousands of sellers and buyers that are still active with this product!

No Skin off the seller I Bought from at all because I'm sure they had no idea, but thousands and thousands of these are available online for sale, and the buyers and sellers have no idea!

I would never buy another Sphero product, Ever!

Even if they took used toilet paper as payment!

I'd rather save the trouble and just flush it.
you can download it online on an android. not available in the app store. I just found one in the mail room- y'all arent researching enough.

I just bought one of these, the special edition! cool as all! it was delivered today!

But it's a worthless piece of JUNK!

It won't even turn on without the app, which has been discontinued!

I was racking my head against the wall looking for any hint of the app on the apple app store, so I decided to contact sphero support and I ran across a message on their website that said star wars droids are no longer supported and their apps are no longer available for download as of 10/4/21.

I' m absolutely appalled!

Someone ought to tell the tens of thousands of sellers and buyers that are still active with this product!

No Skin off the seller I Bought from at all because I'm sure they had no idea, but thousands and thousands of these are available online for sale, and the buyers and sellers have no idea!

I would never buy another Sphero product, Ever!

Even if they took used toilet paper as payment!

I'd rather save the trouble and just flush it.

Disney has heard your complaints about a Star Wars item that they have produced that is regarded as a worthless pile of junk by the consumer…

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Disney is too busy trying to figure out how to slip woke content into cartoons, in case any 5 year olds are confused about their gender.

BTW the reason I wanted the BB8 was because I saw a video on how it was autonomously exploring, Now I have the Loona Petbot and the EBO-X

Loona is great, she is funny and has a goofy personality, she sings to herself as she is roaming around exploring, she get smad and frustrated when she bumps into things, one time she was getting stuck on the chair legs trying to get out from under the kitchen table and she was getting really mad. she has a face for mad and sounds for frustration. Its really cool just to watch her roam around and see what she does. She sees people, hears and understands and she navigates through sight, etc.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back