Battlestar Galactica 2003 scratch build

I wouldn’t say that, I still gotta build the entire starboard side, but it should go quicker now that everything is worked out
Close in relative terms to how long it would have taken me to gt to that point

It probably would have taken me a year or more with another year or so to go :D

Close in relative terms to how long it would have taken me to gt to that point

It probably would have taken me a year or more with another year or so to go :D
Well the main reason I can accomplish so much is that I don’t have a family either…blessing or a curse? Not sure

This is really a impressive project. I'm trying to rebuild some of the detail of the tiny Revell new BSG... It's a pain for sure, and I've wondered if it sometimes would be easier doing it from scratch...

Now I don't have to wonder anymore... Thanks to your impressive project! I'm still baffled at your persistence.

This is a monumental effort, respect dude.

BTW... Lighting the letters is just insane... But I got to thinking af a project I saw... I think it was Lou (Aztekdummy) doing the lighting effect on the Voyager... He simply masked the inside of the hull before light blocking, and that way he used the plastic to give a defuse lighting effect on the hull, that looked just like a light was shining on the letters from above.

Anyway, just an idea.

Thank you for sharing.

This is really a impressive project. I'm trying to rebuild some of the detail of the tiny Revell new BSG... It's a pain for sure, and I've wondered if it sometimes would be easier doing it from scratch...

Now I don't have to wonder anymore... Thanks to your impressive project! I'm still baffled at your persistence.

This is a monumental effort, respect dude.

BTW... Lighting the letters is just insane... But I got to thinking af a project I saw... I think it was Lou (Aztekdummy) doing the lighting effect on the Voyager... He simply masked the inside of the hull before light blocking, and that way he used the plastic to give a defuse lighting effect on the hull, that looked just like a light was shining on the letters from above.

Anyway, just an idea.

Thank you for sharing.
That’s a nifty idea, I’ll have to experiment with that, sounds pretty simple. This has turned out to be quite a daunting task to be sure but I’m hip deep in it now so it’s a quest. And to make it more intense, since I got the thumbs up from Eric Chu I feel like I have to do a better job of it than I had originally thought
That’s a good thing though, getting the blessing from the guy who did the design of the ship for the show is, to me pretty significant

That’s a nifty idea, I’ll have to experiment with that, sounds pretty simple. This has turned out to be quite a daunting task to be sure but I’m hip deep in it now so it’s a quest. And to make it more intense, since I got the thumbs up from Eric Chu I feel like I have to do a better job of it than I had originally thought
That’s a good thing though, getting the blessing from the guy who did the design of the ship for the show is, to me pretty significant
Dude I'd bee proud as **** if the designer gave me a thumbs up... You Defenatley deserve it.

Looks awesom! Now just hit the mirror button,oh wait,that what I do all day,you actually have to make the other side. Keep up the awesome work!
Thanks Fett, good to hear from you my friend. I wish it was that easy, this project turned out to be WAY more work than I originally thought. I did cut and/or mark out templates for crucial parts to make it easier on myself, still a long haul though.
I started on this in October and thought I’d be done in a month, looney right. I’m gonna reckon it’ll be a total of at least 6 months before it’s finished. Like I was telling Larson, I just hope I don’t screw up the paint job

OK, opinion time. Should I fire these fiber optic with the yellowish incandescent as seen on the show or do everything in a bright cool kind of white? Obviously the fat ones that are in the top of the head and in the lower jaw or meant to be spotlights and hopefully the ones in the upper head will cast an ambient sort of light behind each one of the gun turrets… hopefully

Attachments

• BF3C6AE9-30AB-4112-B235-96E8B6EFC592.jpeg
    BF3C6AE9-30AB-4112-B235-96E8B6EFC592.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
OK, opinion time. Should I fire these fiber optic with the yellowish incandescent as seen on the show or do everything in a bright cool kind of white? Obviously the fat ones that are in the top of the head and in the lower jaw or meant to be spotlights and hopefully the ones in the upper head will cast an ambient sort of light behind each one of the gun turrets… hopefully
Why would you not make them the same as on the show?

Even with black primer it looks right. Besides that it will give some contrast to the cool white of the larger fiber of the spotlights

Attachments

• D0B46A7E-0FA1-450A-BFC7-FF800B5AEFD4.jpeg
    D0B46A7E-0FA1-450A-BFC7-FF800B5AEFD4.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 9E4A6120-081A-48AA-822E-B9CEDE667690.jpeg
    9E4A6120-081A-48AA-822E-B9CEDE667690.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 3AB0B0A8-9AF3-4CE9-BD8B-147E5DA719E9.jpeg
    3AB0B0A8-9AF3-4CE9-BD8B-147E5DA719E9.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back