Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/dc-comics-to-relaunch-to-fall-inline-with-films/

It's Official. DC has NO idea WTF it's doing.

Even if most people hated New 52. even if most people hate that the movie and TV universes are totally seperate....

this is just going to confuse and anger more people.

God I hate 'current branding'. Turtles suffered from this as well...any iteration that was current got the most focus, even where it didn't belong.

'rebirth' looks a little bit exciting to see what they come up with.

the dialogue on this trailer and the bored delivery...... 'the Bat is dead...' ugh.

what POSSIBLE threat could batman be to superman that he would feel the need to go up against him?

it all sounds so damned forced...even if my wonder of red kryptonite comes into play.

Creating an entire comic book series to go along with the cinematic world is ridiculous. I'm tired of mandatory tie-ins that you NEED to read to make sense of parts of a film, they're okay every once in a while, but that's all I can take. It's a chore to keep up with every medium just to iron out a few minor details or even later retcon a scene that was questionable.

A fun side or back story to a character is always nice, the Ep VII books that had stories before the film were okay because they weren't marketed as a requirement to read before the release. I wonder if the new Rebirth series will have an impact on the films? It seems if they do connect them, the comic book writers would need a full understanding of the film characters and where the film crews want to take the heroes. But idk, that's just me!

http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/dc-comics-to-relaunch-to-fall-inline-with-films/

It's Official. DC has NO idea WTF it's doing.

Even if most people hated New 52. even if most people hate that the movie and TV universes are totally seperate....

this is just going to confuse and anger more people...
Ugh. Has anyone ever had a problem with the fact that the comic books and movies existed in "separate universes"? :confused

They can call it a rebirth, or a reboot, or a rusty trombone for all I care, but I think it's a bad idea for them to start all over again so soon after the last time they started all over again. :rolleyes

didn't marvel do that as well? reboot, and then reboot the reboot?

or maybe they just rebooted once.

I'll never understand reboots if your only intent is to tell the same exact stories over again, only with sliiiight modern differences.

So, for the few of us that are not too busy complaining about the movie, Empire will soon release a few new stills, among them this one :
CZk_By6UcAArtBZ.jpg
We'll see better when it's released officially, but it looks a lot like he has his cowl resting like a hood behind his head ! Finally. Only took 73 years of Batman on silver screen after all :p

Regarding the
Darkseid easter egg
shown in Empire, I just have to ask - is WB/DC planning to spoil EVERYTHING about the film months before the release date?

Regarding the
Darkseid easter egg
shown in Empire, I just have to ask - is WB/DC planning to spoil EVERYTHING about the film months before the release date?

It's a genius business move on their part! If they disappoint us now, we surely can't be disappointed in the theater! Right?

Right?

How on earth is Darkseid a spoiler? Who else would the Justice League take on in a major franchise movie, with two Parts? With movies you generally only get one shot at serious villains etc - if theyre going to do Darkseid then thats cause for celebration - absolutely no way if you post in the entertainment section of this board, and therefore are major fans of these franchises, that you DONT find out about these villains before Justice League trailer even drops.

Were the same complaints made about the first hints of Thanos/Infinity Stones etc? I doubt it. DCEU is of course catching up, and its well know they're doing it slightly differently to Marvel.

And I don't know if the Parademons are confirmed (Omega Symbol seems to be fairly definitive), as its a Batman dream sequence - but the placement of humanoid aliens with wings attacking in his dream sequence isnt an accident - and we've known about those since the doomsday trailer.

There's a clear distinction between keeping something under wraps until the film drops even though hardcore fans have a strong suspicion of what to expect, versus pulling off the covers several months before the release date. Yes, we all KNOW that Doomsday and Darkseid will show up in the DCEU at some point or another, but they don't have to show it in a trailer or magazine. The recent trailer and TV spots have been underwhelming (that's putting it nicely), so I would prefer that WB at least keep some of the easter eggs a secret so there's something to surprise us and create a buzz after seeing the movie. The only easter eggs left to drop are just Aquaman and maybe another JL member.

What's concerning to me is how WB wants to advertise all the world-building in this film. If the film were good, that should sell itself. I'm just getting a stronger and stronger suspicion that this is going to end up like Suckerpunch quality meets IM2/AoU world-building at expense of storytelling. At least Suckerpunch had great trailers, can't even say the same for BvS. At this stage if they're willing to show the omega symbol on a magazine, the smart play would be to actually show Darkseid at the end of BvS, to create that buzz. Just my 2 cents.

What's concerning to me is how WB wants to advertise all the world-building in this film. If the film were good, that should sell itself. I'm just getting a stronger and stronger suspicion that this is going to end up like Suckerpunch quality meets IM2/AoU world-building at expense of storytelling. At least Suckerpunch had great trailers, can't even say the same for BvS. At this stage if they're willing to show the omega symbol on a magazine, the smart play would be to actually show Darkseid at the end of BvS, to create that buzz. Just my 2 cents.

that's exactly what this legends of tommorow nonsense tv show feels like to me. We have Arrow, Flash AND Supergirl on TV now. Two of those shows constantly cross over and annoy each others audiences. now we've got legends of tommorow with even MORE crossing over. it's too much too soon.

It's like everyone is trying to copy the marvel formula without realizing WHY the marvel cinematic formula worked so good in the first place. they took their time. they developed these characters greatly on their own. they got people that understood the franchises...they kept things (from what I understand, i'm more aDC guy) mostly the same and didn't change much.

where as DC is changing things so much....the joker no longer looks like the joker..

The marvel formula wasnt perfect either and even tho they delivered in the end with avengers it also lacked in quite alot.

DC is going a diff route and until we actually see this for ourselves we should hold of judgement (cant believe how many times this has to be said...)
I dont really see how DC is changing soo much. If your reffering to overall looks? Well the sec i saw Leto i knew thats the joker. Its a diff look but then again so was ledgers Joker and majority loved that. And other characters have also been quite true to their comic looks while not just being a straight up copy.

Is it really a spoiler when there's
freakin' Parademons
in the latest trailer?

Yes, because the common viewer wouldn't know any better. Also, my thinking, although I saw that and immediately yelled Darkseid! was wait........it's nightmare Batman. It's just a dream. And thought nothing more of it then to hope. It's all, but official now.

I don't see what point you're trying to make. Darkseid is never mentioned, it's just an omega symbol in the dirt. The common viewer wouldn't be able to connect the dots on that one either, right? Besides, the symbol is still in the same dream sequence as the parademons. The similarities the creatures in the trailer share with parademons are just too obvious to be coincidental, I think.

That omega symbol is a glorified easter egg, not a plot point... Doomsday was a bit much in the spoiler territory in the second trailer, but this ? It's just for fans who will recognise the ester egg and regular people who'll watch this movie again after the JL movies and realise Darkseid was hinted already in BvS.

More and more I think the "nightmare" imagry is from some sort of oracular vision that's the reason Diana gets sent to intervene, and why she shows up when she does. Something along the lines of 'if these two waste their energy fighting each other, the Earth will be open to invasion -- only by joining together now will we stand a chance'. Ish.

--Jonah

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back