Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

1. Because you asked if he was a writer! That was what I responded to. And it PROVES that he's a writer! So quit saying it proves or answers nothing! And also, quit painting a huge picture with such a small brush. (Thought this is another metaphore so you probably won't get the nuance)

2. Smarmy? Read your own posts..... He who would be a "pot calling a kettle black" (That's not a metaphore, but rather a cliche, so you may be able to understand that one.)

And quoted for posterity......."batman could and already has beaten batman!"

I asked if he worked for dc. And is he a writer. You showed me reference to work 4 years ago. What was isnt always what is. Its funny you say I cant understand metaphors yet you cant even read between the lines.....

When I said it proved or answered nothing it was in relation to mine and his conversation. To which you were replying. In context. You know metaphors but dont understand taking something out of the relevent context. Youve only got to read what i was replying to to see what i was getting at. Its not as though I called him a liar and then you came along with your link and ner ner proved me wrong. Im not upset that you showed me some reference that shows he has more insight then I do. I never said he didnt did I? Tell me. Where exactly?

I believe you were being smarmy to me before I took away any respect for you that you didnt show myself? The same applies to jet. Its easy to use that cliche when some one retaliates with the same disrespect that you showed them. I didnt realise we were trying more to be like kids picking things to try and make each other look stupid. Rather then discussing the topic at hand...

You like cliché's and metaphors. Heres irony. You try and make me luck stupid by insulting me.... Making yourself look worse....

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I asked if he worked for dc. And is he a writer. You showed me reference to work 4 years ago. What was isnt always what is. Its funny you say I cant understand metaphors yet you cant even read between the lines.....

When I said it proved or answered nothing it was in relation to mine and his conversation. To which you were replying. In context. You know metaphors but dont understand taking something out of the relevent context. Youve only got to read what i was replying to to see what i was getting at. Its not as though I called him a liar and then you came along with your link and ner ner proved me wrong. Im not upset that you showed me some reference that shows he has more insight then I do. I never said he didnt did I? Tell me. Where exactly?

I believe you were being smarmy to me before I took away any respect for you that you didnt show myself? The same applies to jet. Its easy to use that cliche when some one retaliates with the same disrespect that you showed them. I didnt realise we were trying more to be like kids picking things to try and make each other look stupid. Rather then discussing the topic at hand...

You like cliché's and metaphors. Heres irony. You try and make me luck stupid by insulting me.... Making yourself look worse....

J

So funny and so out of hand - Bryan was at least FUN to spar with.

I was asked to do some work both in comics and movies for the company - a contract that will take me into the next 4 years.

The whole "you'll read what I want you to read" was a bit of chest thumping and being silly - because I just can't take this argument seriously. How can someone not know what I wrote was simply a metaphor?
semi truck = Superman
man in road with screwdriver = Batman
your brain = egg
egg in hot frying pan = your brain on drugs
It's pretty simple.
And this Mr Sky High has worked on way more than IMDB lists - that site has lots of problems. If I were to list everything I've doctored or re-wrote, some would have their field day ribbing me knowing I made fun of some of those films.

And this Mr Sky High has worked on way more than IMDB lists - that site has lots of problems. If I were to list everything I've doctored or re-wrote, some would have their field day ribbing me knowing I made fun of some of those films.

But you DID make those films better than they would have been otherwise!

In one of them, it was just that one small sentence you added to a lot of pandering dialog that pulled the whole concept out of stupidity and at least made it plausable!

- - - Updated - - -

dimebagslash:

How can I make you luck stupid!

Oh, you mean LOOK stupid......such irony!........Carry on!

I just called you that because thats the only thing I've seen beign talked about that you were active on.

At this point I dont take any of these convos serious. we all are gonna like different things so it doesnt matter in the end, all these discussions end up doing is playing ring around the rosie and going back and forth.

So funny and so out of hand - Bryan was at least FUN to spar with.

I was asked to do some work both in comics and movies for the company - a contract that will take me into the next 4 years.

The whole "you'll read what I want you to read" was a bit of chest thumping and being silly - because I just can't take this argument seriously. How can someone not know what I wrote was simply a metaphor?
semi truck = Superman
man in road with screwdriver = Batman
your brain = egg
egg in hot frying pan = your brain on drugs
It's pretty simple.

Ugh.
Honestly. It wasnt about you using that metaphor per say. Im well aware of what one is. But you used it in response to your aid in your opinion that batman could not beat superman. I was saying that it was far from appropriate in response to my comment. It wasnt just the sole metaphor I had the issue with. Batman with kryptonite taking on superman is nothing at all like the metaphor you made. If you hadnt used it to back up you views that batman wouldnt beat superman it wouldnt have been an issue. Kryptonite is the most devastating thing to supermans power. It renders it useless. How is that comparable to a metaphor with a truck semi heading into a man with a screwdriver. Metaphors have to be used in context. You can just pluck a random one that doesnt apply.

Ov course you were beating your chest. Its pretty much all we have both been doing since the initial posts. Which are simple. The possibility of batman... beating superman..... and as been said before... its already happened. Everything else aside I dont see why the conversation couldnt have just gone like that then ended.

But you DID make those films better than they would have been otherwise!

In one of them, it was just that one small sentence you added to a lot of pandering dialog that pulled the whole concept out of stupidity and at least made it plausable!

- - - Updated - - -

dimebagslash:

How can I make you luck stupid!

Oh, you mean LOOK stupid......such irony!........Carry on!

So mis-spelling a word or accidentally using an incorrect word makes people look stupid.... pretty sure almost every single person in the world has done it at some point. Thats all youve done with my posts.... when all my reasoning and meaning was pretty clear. I wont be replying again to you as talking to someone so childish can never be expected to take part in an adult conversation. Who concentrates on ignorong the ooint to try and get one up

What an intellectual person you must be....

Irony would have been having a go at your spelling. While not spelling something correctly myself. What i did was a spelling mistake.

J

Last edited:
Everyone knows Batman can beat Superman, but Batman can't beat the %#^# out of Superman. Superman can beat Batman, and he can beat the #A%2 out of Batman.

Lex is a super genius
Batman is a rich detective with several super computers that act like super geniuses and even Lex when they go rouge
Superman also has a super computer

The only thing Batman has over Superman is he's paranoid. Even if Superman tried to be paranoid to beat Batman it wouldn't work because Batman has been paranoid longer and was paranoid that Superman would be paranoid that he was paranoid to the point were he made a plan that was similar to Superman's because he was paranoid and revised it due to a double paranoid counter measure which Batman had planned and than made another plan due to being paranoid only to find out that Batman was so much more paranoid that he made seven counter measures to cover that which Superman figured he would do and made another plan to counter that which when put into action he found out that Batman had also figured that Superman would follow just how paranoid he be and went even more paranoid to the point that even surprised him.

I concur....wait... were on about her right?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/26/5ana8a8a.jpg

I think Wonder Woman should look like she can man handle a dragon without super powers. With a pretty face.

The only thing Batman has over Superman is he's paranoid. Even if Superman tried to be paranoid to beat Batman it wouldn't work because Batman has been paranoid longer and was paranoid that Superman would be paranoid that he was paranoid to the point were he made a plan that was similar to Superman's because he was paranoid and revised it due to a double paranoid counter measure which Batman had planned and than made another plan due to being paranoid only to find out that Batman was so much more paranoid that he made seven counter measures to cover that which Superman figured he would do and made another plan to counter that which when put into action he found out that Batman had also figured that Superman would follow just how paranoid he be and went even more paranoid to the point that even surprised him.

...So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you!

release 2015 so plenty of time too see if it will be any good. Cant really agree with all reasons tho :p for example when they say that its too soon after nolan's trilogy. I for one thought that they were a waste of time anyway and should have ended with 2 and atleast now we have yet another chance to see a batman thats a bit more true to the comics.

On a side note while i do enjoy the banter between you guys, you must save some energy for when were closer to the actual release date. :p

I think the whole VS thing is just a stupid idea, as well as the could Bats beat Supes? Sure he can, but why would he? And the Bats fans against Supes fans. It's the same old question: Who is better? Picard or Kirk? They are having the same goal with different methodes and motives. They both respects this, even if Supes doesn't approve everything how Bats handles the bad guys. Bats is a secret schemer who thinks ahead tenfold and layed out beforehand in stealth. And when you know what's going on or who has done it, it's too late.

MOS had dark spots, more seriousness than every previous movies, some lighter moment won't hurt for the next movie. Just like the mentioned Avengers movie, you don't need to be dark to be sucessful.

...So I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you!

Kanye-West-Clapping.gif

So mis-spelling a word or accidentally using an incorrect word makes people look stupid.... pretty sure almost every single person in the world has done it at some point. Thats all youve done with my posts.... when all my reasoning and meaning was pretty clear. I wont be replying again to you as talking to someone so childish can never be expected to take part in an adult conversation. Who concentrates on ignorong the ooint to try and get one up

What an intellectual person you must be....

Irony would have been having a go at your spelling. While not spelling something correctly myself. What i did was a spelling mistake.

It's a conversation about Batman and Superman having a fist fight! It was NEVER meant to be an intellectual conversation!

But your ooint is will made!

It's all good, and in fun! If you ever find yourself in AZ I'll buy you a beer, or a cosmopolitan, or whatever you like to drink...

It's a conversation about Batman and Superman having a fist fight! It was NEVER meant to be an intellectual conversation!

It's all good, and in fun! If you ever find yourself in AZ I'll buy you a beer, or a cosmopolitan, or whatever you like to drink...

Im not sure... they were on about a fist fight. And I mentioned kryptonite... and I thought the conversation went from there..... not about bare knuckling it. Regardless... not offense taken either way so thats all that matters. ***** ****** my spelling there was attrocious

J

The only real VRS that would make sense is for Superman to disagree with how Batman wants to handle a situation. Bruce pushing his point and Clark threatening him with "You KNOW I can stop you!" Bruce pulling out a led box and threatening back, "Do you want me to open this box....boyscout!?!"

The reason why the fight scene with IM and Thor in Avengers worked is because at the time, they were not a team yet, Tony was bringing this guy in to answer for what he did, and along comes some surfer dude who just snatches him away. Tony went to get him back.

But what would the conflict be with Clark and Bruce? The only REASON Bruce would have to go against him is if Clark had been flipped, like he was un SM3, and even then Clark would be enough of a D-bag to anticipate it.

This hasn't been the Superman of the 60's where Superman can't move as soon as Kryptonite enters the room - Jeez, in Returns he lifted an island of Kryptonite into space. In the latest issue of Batman/ Superman by Greg Pak, Jae Lee and Ben Oliver Superman rips Kryptonite away from Batman and tosses it into space. I still say Bruce Lee couldn't beat a steel robot (metaphor) even if he had a spray bottle of "hurry up and rust" water. The only superhero who might - MIGHT be able to take Superman to the mat would be Captain Marvel - stupidly renamed Shazam. He has magic on his side.

Hey, where's MY beer???

For what it's worth I've always postulated that Iceman could defeat anyone by rendering the water in their bodies frozen.

This hasn't been the Superman of the 60's where Superman can't move as soon as Kryptonite enters the room - Jeez, in Returns he lifted an island of Kryptonite into space. In the latest issue of Batman/ Superman by Greg Pak, Jae Lee and Ben Oliver Superman rips Kryptonite away from Batman and tosses it into space. I still say Bruce Lee couldn't beat a steel robot (metaphor) even if he had a spray bottle of "hurry up and rust" water. The only superhero who might - MIGHT be able to take Superman to the mat would be Captain Marvel - stupidly renamed Shazam. He has magic on his side.

And in Public Enemies when he rage beat Lex Luther because he thought Batman died.

I think it's good they changed it to Shazam. On TV he screams Shazam all day and than he's called Captain Marvel indirectly. It can be a little confusing.

Confusing only because the character has never had a good writer on his book - when he has a book - since the 40's. Captain Marvel once outsold Superman - Supergirl was copied from Marvel Girl and Superboy from Captain Marvel Jr - DC purchased Fawcett and buried the characters so as to eliminate the competition. Billy says Shazam - calling the Wizard who transforms him - It's like Changing He-man's name to 'I have the power" Man

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back