Batman V Superman Batarang

I just got my batarang from Shapeways and I am very happy with how it came out. It's not perfect but I think it's a pretty good replica considering the movie hasn't come out yet. Take a look at the pictures and let me know what you think. Please note, the pictures are unfinished prints.

bvs batarang raw.jpg

bvs batarang raw (oblique).jpg

Top notch. Looks great man! They use a different printing process I think so its beautiful to see a print with no lines/very little! Compared to my cheap little printer anyway haha.

Here is a little more progress on my Batarang. I'm not done yet, but I'm pleased with how it's going. Take a look and let me know what you think/

BVS batarang.jpg

Here is my complete prop. It's not perfect, but I'm extremely happy with it. It's available on Shapeways. Take a look and let me know what you think.

BVS batarang.jpg

hey i have no skill in any sort of softwear and wordering if any one can send a 2d template my way so i can print it out and make it out of wood thanks so much

I did a little work on my prototype. In my excitement to get done I didn't sand it as much as I should have. I reworked it and it's a lot smoother and looks more metallic. I have another one coming to make molds from. Here's the improvement, let me know what you think.

BVS batarang improved.jpg

These are fantastic! Once my Batsuit is complete I'm going to be doing a lot of charity work with kids, I'd love to be able to give out batarangs. Are there any wholesale print options or a way I could get these cast? Or heck could I maybe use this file to print something off from Shapeways, make my own mold and cast stuff? That would be a cool hobby but something I'd need to learn from scratch :confused

Looking for a way bring down the cost to something doable for that. Not sure what doable is yet, if anyone has some advice for options though that would help tremendously.

Also, thanks for the work on these models and sharing, they look great!

Last edited:
I am working on a mold to make mine out of resin. I had a one-sided version printed so I could make a simple open-face mold. Even in that case I'm not sure it would be cheap enough in the volume you would need if you were handing them out. They could be molded in black which would save time, labor and money. If my mold is successful I might be willing to donate some, but I don't know how many you're looking for. The worst thing you could do is not have enough to give everyone at a visit.

Last edited:
Lightslinger, do they have to be Batman Versus Superman batarangs? I have 21 plastic Dark Knight batarangs that you could have. I was experimenting with colors curing processes and made a bunch just playing around. I've attached a picture of them. Let me know if you want them, it's for a good cause... children should have Batman toys...

batarangs.jpg

Those look amazing, 13doctor, and by no means do they have to be any one style! Really appreciate it, man, I'll be sure to get pics of them going to future Bat-kids when my first event gets set. Will PM you :)

If anyone has made a decent print of this could you share your settings?
The model looks great! But I keep getting mediocre prints of this.. I think its due to warping that occurs when its trying to print the bevel on both the underside and top maybe?
does anyone have this modeled where the underside is flat as I wonder if it would be easier to print two and glue them together? Of course the problem could be with the ABS I'm using since ABS is prone to warping, maybe printing this in PLA would work better?

If anyone has made a decent print of this could you share your settings?
The model looks great! But I keep getting mediocre prints of this.. I think its due to warping that occurs when its trying to print the bevel on both the underside and top maybe?
does anyone have this modeled where the underside is flat as I wonder if it would be easier to print two and glue them together? Of course the problem could be with the ABS I'm using since ABS is prone to warping, maybe printing this in PLA would work better?

Do you have a heated bed? PLA does warp less so you could try that.

Do you have a heated bed? PLA does warp less so you could try that.

I'm using the Da Vinci Pro(yes it has a heated bed). It was suggested to try printing it straight up with supports to see if that helps. I'll try that tonight and see how it comes out. .

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back