Batman Mech Suite Foam Build

TheArtofBP

I am an artist and toy customizer. After years of conventions as an artist I want to shift to cosplay. Decided to go big a build the Batman Mech Suit. I can't seem to find foam templets (that I can understand) without adding computer programs and such. Does anyone have foam templets they could share or sell?

The unfold must have been interesting! I checked out just dropping the helmet model into the designer and .. Wow. What a mess

The mess is always your starting point.Existing pepakura files only appear organized because someone did before releasing them to the public.

I decided to try and make the Rubies Helmet work and it is going great! Removed the clips, filled the terrible battle damage, filled the seams, added LED lights, lenses and battery pack. I started building the should super late last night. It has a ways to go but I feel like I am on the right path for my first build.

Batman Mech Helmet WIP.jpg

Batman Shoulder.jpg

for some great foam work videos, check out Xieng Prod

he has some great videos, including i think a mech batman build, but some decent techniques talked about,.

plus Evil ted smith, punished props, just to name a few of my faves... REALLLY great information there about foam working, especially Punished props.

for some great foam work videos, check out Xieng Prod

he has some great videos, including i think a mech batman build, but some decent techniques talked about,.

plus Evil ted smith, punished props, just to name a few of my faves... REALLLY great information there about foam working, especially Punished props.

Thanks, I have been using Evil Ted, Punish Props, Heroes Workshop and SuperHero DIY. My issue with the foam was using the contact cement incorrectly. I wasn't letting the glue dry before connecting. Caused poor adhesion and goop. Now I know to let it dry then connect. Should be better moving forward.

Started the Torso. Also, I have a new work space. I have an unfinished basement that will work as an area to work, paint, glue, etc without worrying about fumes, the weather or my child.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back