Batman Engagement Ring.

dmaff06

Hey guys, Im new here, Ive been making and designing props for a long time. Never posted most of my work but i have a few friends that have pushed me to post my most recent project. So here is an Engagement ring I designed, I designed it for my Now Fiance. I wanted it to be based around batman and harley Quinn. but i did not want the batman to be the center of the focus. I wanted the ring to be subtle, traditional and elegant but bring the batman theme in a perfect harmony.

As for the random picture of my dog... i proposed by putting the ring in a bag of coal around my dogs neck. There are some sketches as well of my progress and ideas, along with a 3d rendering before it was sent off and casted out of gold. the diamond set in it is a .52 carat diamond. Im very pleased with how it came out. I hope yall like it as well. Best part is.... my girlfriend said YES. thanks guys.
IMG_4333.jpgIMG_4334.jpgIMG_4335.jpgIMG_5062.jpgIMG_5067.jpgIMG_5068.jpgIMG_5069.jpgIMG_5069.jpgIMG_5072.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5069.jpg

IMG_5072.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's some beautiful craftsmanship! I love the design and the end result.
care to explain more on the process of making it and getting the end result?

Cool design! I like how you integrated the bat. What did you send off for casting? Did you provide a 3d model? Just curious.

Also, what's the motivation for batman? I'm guessing your fiancé loves the characters?

Nice work and welcome!
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks of all the comments everyone. This is the first ring I have designed so it was a learning process to say the least. I did the drawings and the scale plan views of the ring which then we turned into an exact 3d model. Then using a type of plotter we Cnc it out of a hard block of wax. A mold is then taken from the WAx piece and is send to the company that uses that mold to replicate the product out if white gold.

- - - Updated - - -

My girlfriend and I both love comics and her favorite is batman and Harley Quinn :)

As a guy who has worked in the field of ring biz for 10 years. I must say that i find this tobe a very fine piece. How does she like it? I hope it was Platinum pls say it was platinum. Either way an original design for an original lady i'm sure. Have a wonderful life together...GM

Last edited:
As a guy who has worked in the field of ring biz for 10 years. I must say that i find this tobe a very fine piece. How does she like it? I hope it was Platinum pls say it was platinum. Either way an original design for an original lady i'm sure. Have a wonderful together...GM

Thank you very much for you're compliments! :). It is platinum, white gold. And she absolutely loves it the batman logo was the last thing she noticed. She has been so happy with it and showing it to everyone! It turned out great could not be happier.

Again it means a lot to have someone who works with jewelry as you have, compliment my first endeavor of this nature.
Dan

Awesome job. you are very skilled. i also designed my wife's ring. Only down side that I can see is that the bat logo tail point on the skin. When she decide to have kids or too many twinkles. The point might dig / cut into her finger as she gains weight.

Awesome job. you are very skilled. i also designed my wife's ring. Only down side that I can see is that the bat logo tail point on the skin. When she decide to have kids or too many twinkles. The point might dig / cut into her finger as she gains weight.
Haha perfect! It's incentive to stay fit I need to make one for my self now! Lol.
Thanks for the compliments.

Haha perfect! It's incentive to stay fit I need to make one for my self now! Lol.
Thanks for the compliments.

Sorry fellas a ladies hand grows more than you may think. For about 7days of the month, aunt flow if you know what i'm saying. Not for every woman but for most...GM

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back