Batman Dark Knight eva Foam* Suited up*

Re: Batman Dark Knight eva Foam

Just wanted to share with those looking to pick up some foam you can go to this website to get what guys like chimmera and i believe stealth are using. Venture Products, LLC.
i have had a real hard time finding some foam so i had to oreder it.

Is there anybody here from the UK who has been using this foam? Im intrested in picking some up but havent been able to find a good place to get any. Cheers.

Ive only seen it in tile form here in the UK , they are reasonably sized tiles though so should be of use, there are plenty if you search for foam flooring on that well known auction site beginning with E

It looks really cool. I was thinking of constructing a batman costume for halloween this year. Out of curiosity how did you get the foam pieces to attach to each other? Like the bat symbol on the chest

I;ve seen shepard armour from mass effect made in this stuff - I think the results that can be achieved with a little planning and some skills are remarkable - keep going mate, I can't wait till your in a position to try it on!

Thanks guys for all the comments:)
The glue is basic hot glue from Walmart, just applying with a glue gun!
As for templates, I do make patterns on cardboard first, and trace them onto the foam.
I usually make the pattern for one side then flip it over to the opposite side to save time and make everything symmetrical. I unfortunately don't keep the patterns they are tossed on garbage day. But A tip I use is to start on a piece usually the middle chest and trace the joining section by using the first area i made to make sure it will fit the surrounding area. Like I said I don't keep the templates but any area you are having trouble with Let me know and I'll see if I can make something to help to keep your projects moving:) jwstroud84 is correct eh foam mat ishttp://store.venture-products.com/store/item.htm?itemid=5&sid=10 ,amazing stuff!!!
easy to paint and work with!!!
I'm not giving up on this, I'm just waiting for the under-suit to arrive so I can continue building:)
Thanks again for comments and questions!!

Chim... you should keep those templates... they are worth their weight in gold (and I don't mean for you to release or sell them).

I always keep mine neatly labelled so I can find them when I need them.
The fact is that most project you're going to work on is going to require something you've done before for a previous costume... most of the time it's not exactly going to be the same - but at least you've got a base and you know how to put it together (you've done it before).

Reusing those old template will save you time and hair (cause I did pull my hair out on some thing I worked on :p)... think about it!

I've already found that frequently you need to enlarge a piece or alter it somehow and keeping the pattern around helps, as you can progress rather than start from scratch each time, not to mention if you need to repair something, you've got the template handy.

I've made two gauntlets so far, but I think I've made about 4 pairs total. I started with the left one first, as it was easier to hold the paper template against my arm with my right, since i'm right handed. it turned out though that because of that, the template was too small for my right since my fore arm is more developed than the left one.

I've held off on finishing them though as i'm waiting for my gloves and under suit come in. I figure i'm probably going to have to readjust one more time to fit over them.

This is really fantastic. excellent work. I haven't been on the boards lately, but I want to get a Batsuit for Halloween. This thread is incredibly helpful! Thanks and keep it up!

What about the cowl? I haven't seen too many decent affordable Dark Knight cowls. A full foam one would be excellent

Ive only seen it in tile form here in the UK , they are reasonably sized tiles though so should be of use, there are plenty if you search for foam flooring on that well known auction site beginning with E

Yeah, I had the same problem, I think it is almost exclusively interlocking tiles in the UK, which sounds like it could end up being rather wasteful.

However, what I did stumble upon accidently was an old army foam bed-roll, I got a far sides roll (about 1.5m) in 3mm in think for £1, yesterday I was out and I saw a thicker roll for £5. This surplus stuff isnt too bad, especially if you are weathering it.
I'm not sure if it is the exact same stuff, but it is a closed-cell foam.

Chimmera, ya build is lookin awesome bra. I like th' constrast between th' pattern side an th' smooth. Love th' detail work an th' gauntlets nice gauntlets bra.

This build is sick man, I like all the details you've done already. What glue gun do you use? What templates do you use for this build as well? Keep up the good work this is tight no doubt.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back