Batman Begins closet scene build

Re: Dullam-Causey Begins Closet: Hanger?

Finished the ceiling and floor today.

Todo:
- Front bezel/door frame
- Top mantle and bottom... mantle?
- brass ball rolling casters
- Front doors & Batarang mounts

Should be complete within 2 weeks.

07142007%202.jpg

Today's task: Build Batarang mounts.

These are a natural progression of the ones I made for the shadowbox. The little metal greeblie is a copper brick hanger (found at any hardware store) with certain parts sawed off. I took two of those and joined them together, with an N40 magnet behind them, and another N40 sandwiched between them.

The hangers will be mounted (probably epoxy, not sure yet) directly to the inside of the double doors. The hooks (which are wonderfully, coincidentally, shaped like bat gauntlet fins), along with the magnets, will nicely hold the Batarang in place, without making it too difficult to simply reach up and pull one down.

Still waiting on a few more magnets to arrive so I can build the rest of the magnetic mounts. I'll likely have the lumber for the front doors next weekend to attach these, as well as the hinges and handles.

batarangmount1.jpg

batarangmount2.jpg

Outer/inner door frame constructed, and final outside stain settled upon.

Doors this week!

100_2902.JPG

100_2906.JPG

100_2907.JPG

Rolling casters, bottom foot mantle, and a sneak preview of the final product:

100_2967.JPG

Outside walls finally stained, and for once you can see the depth. Not bad for my first ever wood project, using all hand tools :)

100_2986.JPG

Done by the end of the week...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back