Batman Begins 3D printed cowl

All credit goes to the makers, they did an outstanding job. I'll be posting some more pics of the cowl on its stand later today.

Yes that's the regular urethane pull, fitting heads up to 24".

My head is 22.44 inches but interestingly it fits me almost perfectly. I do have a little bit of room to spare on the sides but almost none in the back. I'm pretty sure the smaller version would have been too small actually.

But it's not an exact science as it's not just a matter of inches but also depends on the shape of your face, size of your cheeks, length of your hair etc...

So if you're unsure about the size and unless it's foam latex, i'd say go for the bigger version. Yes it's big, but it's not as huge as you may think.

Yes that's the regular urethane pull, fitting heads up to 24".

My head is 22.44 inches but interestingly it fits me almost perfectly. I do have a little bit of room to spare on the sides but almost none in the back. I'm pretty sure the smaller version would have been too small actually.

But it's not an exact science as it's not just a matter of inches but also depends on the shape of your face, size of your cheeks, length of your hair etc...

So if you're unsure about the size and unless it's foam latex, i'd say go for the bigger version. Yes it's big, but it's not as huge as you may think.

Your head is 3/8" bigger than mine, you would have fit the smaller cowl just fine. ;) It's not half scale or anything just 4-5% smaller. ;)

I got mine today and it's pretty amazing !!! Not enough word to tell you guys how great is that cowl !!! :thumbsup
As always, Kevin and Clinton have done a huge job !! :love

Thanks you very much guys !!! My display will be perfect with this masterpiece. :cool

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup

Well worth the wait huh? Took six weeks for mine to arrive, and the box was crushed.

But now it towers my room on its stand and it looks Bat-ass!

Well worth the wait huh? Took six weeks for mine to arrive, and the box was crushed.

But now it towers my room on its stand and it looks Bat-ass!

Oh yeah, really worth the wait, 6 weeks for mine too, but absolutely not disappointed by the result !!! :thumbsup

2dcan3s.jpg

I originally measured my head incorrectly, so I traded my larger cowl to my roommate for his smaller version, which fits me perfectly.

Add a little eye black, and I think we can agree that you have Batman.

Great fit. Getting it on is a bit more difficult than the larger one, though! But I worked out a system now.

I just received the larger cowl, and it is awesome! Any advice on the easiest way to get this sucker on?

I use a balaclava underneath. If you don't have one or don't want to do that, some people sprinkle baby powder in the cowl. It also helps to wet your head/hair when putting the cowl on. Pull slowly and evenly. I usually go inch by inch, a tug on the right side, then the left, and so on until the cowl slips on.

I also use a balaclava and recommend it. I tip the cowl forward to get it as far down my brow as I can. I do this because I would rather pull on the stronger back of the cowl instead of the more fragile mouth. Plus, if anything does rip, it could maybe be hidden. I pull on the back to try to get the cowl upright again on the top of my head. Then I stick a couple fingers in the side of the mouth to pull the mouth away from my face while reaching from inside with the other hand to pull down. I go side to side and then front and back. Only takes me a few repetitions to get it on. I have the small one, so it's snug on me.

Wow that's a process.lol I just pull it on and pull it off no problems.

I also use a balaclava and recommend it. I tip the cowl forward to get it as far down my brow as I can. I do this because I would rather pull on the stronger back of the cowl instead of the more fragile mouth. Plus, if anything does rip, it could maybe be hidden. I pull on the back to try to get the cowl upright again on the top of my head. Then I stick a couple fingers in the side of the mouth to pull the mouth away from my face while reaching from inside with the other hand to pull down. I go side to side and then front and back. Only takes me a few repetitions to get it on. I have the small one, so it's snug on me.

Wow that's a process.lol I just pull it on and pull it off no problems.

How tightly does the cowl fit on you? I have very little to no room. It's basically a skin on me which is perfect I think, but this makes giving birth through that neckhole an adventure. It's easier each time though. The first time I put it on I was about halfway through before I regretted not writing down my Will yet.

LOL that was great. :lol I still have 1-1.25" of space once on. I don't have any issue at all besides getting my nose through the neck, takes all of 1min to put on. Needs padding. ;)

How tightly does the cowl fit on you? I have very little to no room. It's basically a skin on me which is perfect I think, but this makes giving birth through that neckhole an adventure. It's easier each time though. The first time I put it on I was about halfway through before I regretted not writing down my Will yet.

Thanks again everyone. If it was not for the Batman Begins suit I likely would not be a part of this community. It is what set me forward into prop collecting. So we really put forth a lot of effort with the props from this movie in order to ensure the cleanest and most accurate end product. Glad that shows through in pics. Trust me when I say its at least equally as impressive in person. ;)

For those asking sales related questions, please now see this thread:

http://www.therpf.com/f13/batman-begins-cowls-118877/#post1728019

Obviously I'm way past the time this was posted.. Are you still selling these??

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back