Batman : Arkham Knight

With Rocksteady doing it i know it'll end up better than Origins did. Glad they kept Rocksteady, sadly Activision didn't do the same with their next Transformers game and i have a bad feeling. You switch studios halfway thru a series it never ends well. Let's hope they get Kevin Conroy back.

Kevin Conroy's already been confirmed (and sorta spilled the beans a year or two ago on twitter anyway).

I'm kind of disappointed that it's Tara Strong again as Harley, I don't like her take on the character nearly as much as Arleen Sorkin but that may be the B:TAS fan in me. Batmobile is drivable and will be required for some Riddler challenges. Penguin, Scarecrow, Two-Face, Harley, and Hush are confirmed villains, along with the titular "Arkham Knight."

Also, no multiplayer. I don't know if it's a dig at WB Montreal, but Rocksteady is saying they're too busy focusing on making the best single player experience they can to bother with multiplayer. That was enough for me to preorder this :)

I'm glad to see Rocksteady not falling onto the crappy MP bandwagon. Yeah i prefer Arleen too but i think she retired from doing Harley's voice or otherwise they'd be getting her. I'll be interested to see how they do the Batmobile stuff. I'm going to wait a little longer before i preorder to see what they offer as a bonus.

Only preorder bonus so far is playing as Harley on challenge maps. I've yet to do a challenge map, so couldn't care less. Give me a campaign bonus, or a suit that doesn't require beating the game to use. That bugs the heck out of me, I don't do New Game Plus or challenge maps so I only get to use the skins for all the side crap I ignored during the campaign.

I'll wait until it's $20 or less on Steam to buy it, as always. And that's assuming it gets good reviews. That trailer was cool, but without actually showing the gameplay it does mean a whole lot. Still, that new batsuit is darn cool looking.

I don't get the titles...

Arkham Asylum - ok, it took place there
Arkham City - again, ok, it was the prison/city made into a giant prison

Arkham Origins had nothing to do with Arkham anything...
Arkham Knight?

The MP thing is interesting as EA said they'd never do another game without it. Hopefully it's RS flexing their muscles and telling the evil bastards NO.

I imagine it'll be PC too as they rest have all been. Can't see it being console only. Especially since xbox one is basically pc anyhow. Hopefully they go 3/3.

Trailer, though, while cool, says nothing about the game.

Arkham Origins probably referred to the origins of the Batman/Joker conflict.

Arkham Knight refers to the upcoming game's main(?) antagonist. Apparently someone dressed in armor with an "A" on it.

Never having played the games, it seems that some fans of the series are disappointed in the city being evacuated. Something about a curfew from Origins and just straight up evacuation in this one. I guess fans hoping for a real lively adventure in Gotham city are going to be disappointed, which is understandable. A city with actual civilians is where a lot of Batman stories take place. Guess the game developers don't want a "run the civilians over!" vibe with Saints Row and Grand Theft.

That and the amount of ressources needed to generate an entire population in gotham may be too high. Batman's cape alone already uses a good deal of power.
Unlike GTA or Saint row, the physics involved are more complex, between the grappling and gliding and the hand to hand combat system... It would be awesome though, imagine the civilians freak out when you glide over them :lol

Unlike GTA or Saint row, the physics involved are more complex, between the grappling and gliding and the hand to hand combat system... It would be awesome though, imagine the civilians freak out when you glide over them :lol

Have you tried Saints Row 4? You practically get super hero powers like jumping as high as skyscrapers, run insanely quick like the Flash, dash up building walls, and even glide through the air Batman style. And yeah, civilians will sometime freak out about this. That's a fun game.

I'm beyond excited for this, and hope they release it for PC. I am not a consule guy. Loved the first two, but have yet to play origins because of bad things I'd heard. Did you guys like/enjoy origins?

guy with a big A on his Armor, bringing fear to people?

sounds a lot like anarky
Anarky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He already was in Origins, this one is supposed to be a brand new villain, written specifically for the game, so he doesn't come from the comics

Have you tried Saints Row 4? You practically get super hero powers like jumping as high as skyscrapers, run insanely quick like the Flash, dash up building walls, and even glide through the air Batman style. And yeah, civilians will sometime freak out about this. That's a fun game.
Never played it, but now you got me interested !

I just realized there's no point in me preordering it since it's not hitting the ps3 or 360 but only the new systems. That said if they put it on the wii U i'll get it. I'd love a touch screen version of the decryption gadget.

I'm beyond excited for this, and hope they release it for PC. I am not a consule guy. Loved the first two, but have yet to play origins because of bad things I'd heard. Did you guys like/enjoy origins?

I really enjoyed Origins. I didn't have any issues with with it, glitch wise. The story was solid and the gameplay was enjoyable.

Arkham Origins probably referred to the origins of the Batman/Joker conflict.

Arkham Knight refers to the upcoming game's main(?) antagonist. Apparently someone dressed in armor with an "A" on it.

I'm talking about the work arkham....

Arkham Origins had nothing to do with the create of arkham asylum (least i don't think, about 80% in).

Arkham Knight implies a knight of arkham. Gotham Knight might be more applicable. In reality, I know it's to tie the series together, but still.

I really hope we get some more fear gas sequences, easily my favorite segments from Arkham Asylum.

Also I really, very much, beyond all hope, wish that the joker is just left out completely. Quinn is fairly prominent in the announcement teaser so who knows.

If the Arkham Knight is the joker in any way I'm going to need surgery to remove my face from my palm.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back