Batman 89/Returns Paper Props

Vogue Cover
MX-2600N_20110620_131902_001.jpg

Looking for this font. Anyone know what it is?

I've made this bumper sicker before but I had to make the font by hand. I have lost the file and want to make a better newer one. Any help would be appreciated :)
font4.jpg

Here's the one I made a while ago:
Batman-Returns-1992-movie-props.jpg

Re: Batman (1989)

I'm working on replicating this newspaper from the movie:

Btmn_0695.jpg

Right now, I'm working on laying out the paper and getting the correct fonts. Also, I've found out that the base newspaper is The New York Times from June 18, 1947. All of the Batman/Gotham related text was photocopied on top of the original. Abstracts for those articles are on the NYT website and I think the full articles are available if you're a subscriber.

I'm trying to make this as accurate to the fill as possible, so if anyone happens to have the NYT 6/18/47 or a subscription, let me know.

Good luck on the newspaper! Love movie newspaper replicas! Never noticed the U.K. English spelling of "odoureaters!" How about a "Winged Freak Terrorizes" paper with and without bloodstain?! :)

After a bit of research, it looks like most of the newspapers were based on either the May 8, 1947 or the June 18, 1947 issue of the New York Times. If I could get my hands on those two papers, or at least scans of the front page, most of the work would be done and it would SA.

Here's the breakdown by paper:
Batman Cracks Joker's Poison Code! - 6/18/47
Cosmetics Scare in Gotham - 5/8/47 (far left article is from 6/18/47 issue)
Winged Freak Terrorizes Gotham's Gangland - 6/18/47

And there's one paper that Vicki Vale reads that is an unchanged 5/8/47, save for the Gotham Globe masthead.

Here are two mostly-finished newspapers. I got a digital subscription to NYT, downloaded the scans of the original articles and used them as the filler. The two papers I have done are "Batman Cracks Joker's Poison Code" and "Winged Freak Terrorizes Gotham's Gangland."

If there's anything that looks off to you, let me know and I'll see what I can fix. I've included screen caps for reference.

smilexjoker.jpg

tried doing the joker on the smilex package..though I could not find a non-pixaled source lol

Just printed it and it came out really good!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back