Bandai release schedule

For the new Resistance-X-Wing its offical now that the old Astromech-droids fit in too:
resxw.png

Darth Vader is now assembled. Just need to decal him.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20151206_235755.jpg
    20151206_235755.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 785
The rear gunner needs something to look out, plus this is 30 years after the beloved Tie design from the OT.

The rear gunner needs something to look out, plus this is 30 years after the beloved Tie design from the OT.
It's not the centre widow. I like that a lot.

It's those two side thrusters. They look exactly like the rear window on the classic tie.

Which says that whoever designed this didn't think very hard

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

It's those two side thrusters. They look exactly like the rear window on the classic tie.

That bugs me as well. It's like they just took bits from a tie fighter and moved them around without realizing what the functions were supposed to be. And those "cogs" on the wing connectors just feel tossed on in a lazy kitbash.

These designs reflect what the loudest SW fans have been demanding for years: that all future SW be exactly like the OT. Despite the GFFA being a big place with lots of potential for design, all ships MUST look used, all ships MUST have guts on the outside, all ships ships MUST be fairly mono-chromatic with maybe a cool stripe or two. Any deviation from that formula is "not Star Wars." So we're getting ships recycled from the OT with a few minor modifications. It's not laziness, it's intent. Are we not entertained?

Back when actual models were being used most of the 'greeblies' and surface details were kit bashed parts from model tanks, planes... These detail parts represented real world objects but were used to represent the futuristic texture(s) and outside 'guts' of the sci-fi ships. There are tank kit parts on the Millennium Falcon that when viewed up close look like tank kit parts. The two side thrusters on the First Order Special Forces TIE do resemble the rear window of the original TIE but in reverse. It can be viewed as a detail that the potential designers/manufacturers of the 'real' TIE Fighters liked since the rear window area was re-designed they chose to incorporate it into the engine area instead.

As far as these 'new' designs and upgrades of the ships from the OT, I personally like that they aren't too far removed. On initial viewing the TIE Fighters and X-Wing look the same as the originals but upon closer inspection they are different. When I first saw the pre-qual trilogy I was a bit disappointed that there were no X-wing or TIE Fighters in the Revenge Of The Sith to bring it closer to ANH. From what I've seen The Force Awakens actually looks like Star Wars. How good the story is remains to be seen.

Agreed , but I hope that later in this film and definitely in 8 we see new designs , as we will have plenty of chances to see older designs in rouge one .
i had actually scratch build a precursor to the y-wing , God was I shocked when I saw the naboo fighters :lol.
like you I thought we would see progress through the next two films .

It was probably the same person who put two stocks on Phasma's blaster.

When I first saw the pre-qual trilogy I was a bit disappointed that there were no X-wing or TIE Fighters in the Revenge Of The Sith to bring it closer to ANH.

Wait, what? The ARC-170 was clearly a precursor to the X-Wings (they even say, "Set S-foils in attack position.") and the Jedi starfighters had TIE windows and solar panel wing flaps. There's an obvious design evolution there. The designers often talked about how they specifically designed vehicles to evolve from the "civilized" forms of the Republic to the more utilitarian style of the Empire. ROTS even had the Tantive IV and the Millennium Falcon (in an Easter egg cameo). In the other PT movies there was the very TIE-like Sith Infiltrator, proto-star destroyers and the Slave I.

I have never understood this "it doesn't look like Star Wars" claim when it comes to the PT. It's like the Queen's chrome starship is the only ship people want to remember. I've heard things like "none of the vehicles looked used" over and over as if vehicles like the rusted out, slapped together pod racers just don't exist. Even the chrome ships were weathered and had scratches from use. IMHO, the designs in TFA are really just about fanboy nostalgia. And, sadly, fans will lap it up and praise JJ Abrams for being a "visionary" -- for recycling 40 year old designs.

For the short time the ARC-170 and Jedi starfighters were in the movie the movie there was some design evolution but I don't feel they were showcased enough. IMO I felt the ships should have looked a bit closer to the ANH ships since ROTS was supposed to be a link to ANH. The beginning of the Death Star was shown at the end.

As far as JJ Abrams being a visionary, I never heard anyone say that nor have I. As I said in my previous post, how good the story(TFA) is remains to be seen. JJ Abrams did an OK job with the Star Trek movies but IMO they will never be Star Trek canon. They are OK on their own but nothing like the originals. If the (TFA) story is a good one than I'm more concerned with that and seeing ships and Storm Troopers that resemble the originals will be a good thing. For me the original trilogy, especially ANH and ESB, are the ultimate Star Wars movies. The prequels were fun at times but never had the good feeling and look that the originals had. This new movie may not be any better. How many sequels need to be made of the same subject. I love Star Wars but I also like to see some new and original movies.

For me, I just wanted some new designs, some old designs and some really old designs.

And I actually think it would add some gravity to the galaxy if we had a glimpse of prequel era.

Maybe naboo has been ravaged by war? Or coruscant is abandoned?

Even the Jedi Starfighters from AOTC have a star destroyer shape

But what I was disappointed about is that we didn't see any different YT designs or X-Wings & Y-Wings without patch-ups,....or at least less dents & scratches,....its only 16 years after AOTC until ANH

J

Even the Jedi Starfighters from AOTC have a star destroyer shape

But what I was disappointed about is that we didn't see any different YT designs or X-Wings & Y-Wings without patch-ups,....or at least less dents & scratches,....its only 16 years after AOTC until ANH

J
I actually felt like, for the most part, the prequel designs worked quite well with the OT. There were little nods here and there.

There were only a couple of things I hated. Like count dooku's ship.

But I didn't mind the naboo designs at all. It made perfect sense in a "world building" way

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back