Bandai 1:72 Perfect Grade Millennium Falcon

The sidewalls on the mandibles are fully weathered. Moving on to the sidewalls on the saucer section of the model.

20220911_231640.jpg

20220911_231716.jpg

Finished the saucer sidewalls. Added the yellow markings on the Entex engines. I might be ready to do the underside. Lots of pics ahead! Shoutout to Analyzer for providing links to some excellent reference photos. Couldn't have made it this far without them! I tried to make the sidewalls as accurate as possible, according to the reference photos.

20220912_163925.jpg

20220912_164754.jpg

20220912_164029.jpg

20220912_164542.jpg

20220912_164454.jpg

20220912_165704.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, like if the weathering needs to be toned down a bit or needs more weathering, etc.

Last edited:
I've started adding the streaks on the underside of the model. I still used a black colored pencil, but I might use pastels for the weathered panels and stuff. Just a minor update.

20220914_233603.jpg

I found doing the underside more tedious for some reason. Spent lots of time doing the top, but just kind of did a quick pass underneath. It is sometimes hard to maintain focus :D

I found doing the underside more tedious for some reason. Spent lots of time doing the top, but just kind of did a quick pass underneath. It is sometimes hard to maintain focus :D
I think I know how you feel! For my 1:144 Falcon, I overdid the topside, and kinda half-assed the underside. I didn't ignore the underside completely however. I still added a decent amount of weathering and detail there. I might likely do the same for this 1:72 model right now.

Current progress on the underside. I've added just about every streak, but still need to add more scratches and blast damage and whatnot. The underside still looks a little too clean, though.

20220917_011326.jpg

UPDATE: Another photo with more weathering.

20220919_133116.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone ID these two parts that broke off from my model? There is NO way I can figure out where these parts came from! Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

20220917_193317.jpg

20220917_193440.jpg

Anyone?

Last edited:
Great work.

I think the natural light shot looks better tone wise

You did a nice job disguising the bare plastic. It looks painted

as far as the two small parts that popped off. I do not recognize them but I will give the instructions a glance and see if anything stands out

Great work.

I think the natural light shot looks better tone wise

You did a nice job disguising the bare plastic. It looks painted

as far as the two small parts that popped off. I do not recognize them but I will give the instructions a glance and see if anything stands out
Any progress on the two missing parts? I need to know where they go, because I'm getting close to finishing the model.

A candidate for that first piece might be part Y-14 which is part of the short side wall section near the rear engine on the port side
in the instruction manual it is on page 25

MFICapture01.PNG

Last edited:
That second pieces looks like it might possibly be piece S2 37
if so that piece goes into the maintenance well on page 28 in the instruction manual

not sure if there is an S1 37 that is a copy and goes somewhere else

MFICapture02.PNG

Last edited:
I was able to place part Y-14, but was not able to place S2 37. I already have the part in place there.

I looked over the sprues and instructions and have not found a duplicate part (does not 100% mean there is not one, just I could not find it)

Might be some other part I am missing that is very similar but not quite the same

I grabbed a picture of the one I did find to show it's placement

This is in the top round well on the right side by the cockpit

Unfortunately if that is already in place then I am at a loss for where that unmatched part goes

P9272173 (2).JPG

I looked over the sprues and instructions and have not found a duplicate part (does not 100% mean there is not one, just I could not find it)

Might be some other part I am missing that is very similar but not quite the same

I grabbed a picture of the one I did find to show it's placement

This is in the top round well on the right side by the cockpit

Unfortunately if that is already in place then I am at a loss for where that unmatched part goes

View attachment 1620570
Yeah, I've got that one on there already. But whatevs, it's just one small part. If you find another location for the part, though, that would be good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back