Bad Seller Alert!! TOSPHASER

Jannix,
To clarify, I am not trying to be critical of you in my previous reply to what you said. I'm just saying the messages he sent are a different story.

The actions of the two involved would certainly be of interest to future customers and locking or deleting a thread such as this would only harm things.
I agree that this threads educational value is important but be careful to see through the mud stirred up, talking in circles, and spin doctoring. The wrist communicator deal is a great example of how things can go bad.

I have guidelines when I buy:
+I don't buy anything unless I know it can go out the next business day.
+If someone can't answer a PM when I request additional information then how can I expect them to send product?
+Ask for a picture of the actual item set aside for me(I made this oversight with Bruce).
+No buying through a third party.
+If someone is arguementative prior to paying then the deal is off.
Offhand these are just some of the things I do.

Of course, that is only my point of view as someone trying to find their way in this very complex forum and hobby with many strict rules and a lot of people who are set in their ways.

We seem to be an opinionated lot. Welcome to the board.

Again there was and is nothing wrong with relaying your experience. It is by or in which manner you do it and you both came off as 2 little kids you saying the naaaa naaaa na na naaaa and Bruce getting pissed. but on a liter note I have seen your stuff SLK and you too make great stuff it just sucks at how things unfolded.

Last edited:
Yes...verbaly masterful in his baiting, one could say.

No moderator has told me I was baiting.
Your statement is intentionally vague.

This is Bruces thread, not mine.
When I began making posts today I set out to clarify.
I was giving the benefit of the doubt that some didn't understand my meaning.
Seems that's not the case.
Some of you want to argue and I simply don't care to argue.
I'm not going to research the thread in front of you to help you understand when you are capable of doing it yourself.

I gotta say, I agree with Micdavis here. You treated him like **** over 13 dollars and you still don't have any concrete proof that *he* recasted this piece.

Here's what I see, as an outsider looking in. You bought a part for thirteen bucks. You weren't satisfied. To make it good, HE PAID YOU BACK IN FULL, and on top of all that, he told you to KEEP THE PART. Book closed, issue resolved, period.

You are convinced it's recast. The piece you got very well could have been a recast piece, he stated it was from a box that he had gotten from someone else, if I'm not wrong. You're now using semantics to try to make it look like he is admitting to recasting, which he never admitted to.

My hide would be quite chafed too if I had been treated like this over a thirteen dollar part. There's no incentive to recast a piece like this, and benefit of the doubt should be given especially in a circumstance like this. Hell, Tom (houdiniguy) even got three chances before his inactivity forced the mods' hands.

I have no PM or email regarding this claim. However I do have this quote/excerpt written by Bruce in a PM dated 6-20-2010.
"I would also still send you a good casting if you like when I make some more?"
I would be willing to forward this complete PM to mods to review as it contradicts Bruces publicly posted claim of getting the parts on trade.
Bruce admits his part in the origin of the part.

Not really, I read into this that he is offering to send you a good casting when he makes his own, after he no longer has the pieces he got in the trade. There's absolutely no evidence of recasting in this statement, just a really generous gesture IMO.

I think he deserved a little better than what he got. Yeah, he got pissed off and brought legal into it, which is extremely unfortunate. But fact is, he was around, trying to make good on not just one member's situation, but another's that popped up. He tried to coordinate with that other fellow to repair that situation as well.

I'm still shaking my head about the thirteen bucks that you got back. Suffice to say, opinions are being formed and character is seen all around.

SLK: My remark was an attempt to bring some levity back into this thread. But alas, it failed.
Your responses however seem to remind me of this:
big_headed_tiny_dog_chasing_tail_lg.gif

We are still awaiting PROOF of a recast.

Last edited:
SLK: you're video of 502smallblock was beautiful proof of recasting. You showed the tells that proved his casts were not his.

This forum is asking for that same proof, not pictures of poor pulls, but proof of it being recast.

I gotta say, I agree with Micdavis here. You treated him like **** over 13 dollars and you still don't have any concrete proof that *he* recasted this piece.

Here's what I see, as an outsider looking in. You bought a part for thirteen bucks. You weren't satisfied. To make it good, HE PAID YOU BACK IN FULL, and on top of all that, he told you to KEEP THE PART. Book closed, issue resolved, period.

You are convinced it's recast. The piece you got very well could have been a recast piece, he stated it was from a box that he had gotten from someone else, if I'm not wrong. You're now using semantics to try to make it look like he is admitting to recasting, which he never admitted to.

My hide would be quite chafed too if I had been treated like this over a thirteen dollar part. There's no incentive to recast a piece like this, and benefit of the doubt should be given especially in a circumstance like this. Hell, Tom (houdiniguy) even got three chances before his inactivity forced the mods' hands.

Not really, I read into this that he is offering to send you a good casting when he makes his own, after he no longer has the pieces he got in the trade. There's absolutely no evidence of recasting in this statement, just a really generous gesture IMO.

I think he deserved a little better than what he got. Yeah, he got pissed off and brought legal into it, which is extremely unfortunate. But fact is, he was around, trying to make good on not just one member's situation, but another's that popped up. He tried to coordinate with that other fellow to repair that situation as well.

I'm still shaking my head about the thirteen bucks that you got back. Suffice to say, opinions are being formed and character is seen all around.

Make sure you "SAVE" this one to your list hahha

Last edited:
:lol:lol:lol The debate on this thread has been really something to behold. I wonder how many on here were on some type of debate club in school. We sure have some masters of debating allright.

Oh, nevermind...maybe it's like Star Wars, and there can only be one master. Yup, there can be only one master debater.

This thread is a great read.

Berries?...no, I ate a piece of pumpkin pie, no berry pie. Mmm pumpkin pie:)
2Classic_Pumpkin_Pieashx.jpg
And of course, we all know where pumpkin pie comes from.
pumpkin.jpg

Last edited:
ok now Ban me! but ya better have a damn good reason! I won't just fall like so many others......

I missed this in my first read-through. Am I correct in understanding that you are threatening the site and staff?

I think it is up for interpretation. I can see why you would think he was threatening the site, but it can mean something entirely different

For instance, when houdiniguy was accused of recasting and bad sales practices. He did not sign in to defend himself. He gave up so easily by not replying and neglecting the situation.

Maybe, Tosphaser was simply implying that he wasnt going down without a fight as in he will defend himself and he would not run like Tom which he did.

He asked you for a "damn good reason"...why would he supply you a reason right after that?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back