AVP Bio - Mysteria Models

vonroll

I just met the postman at the door and he had a nice surprise for me.
I ordered a Mysteria Models AVP Bio - (Alien Hunter Bio) about 6 days ago so it shipped way fast. Anyway , I thought people might be interested in seeing the raw Bio as i got it just now.

img_5974.jpg

img_5976.jpg

img_5978.jpg

img_5980.jpg

img_5981.jpg

I'd also heard these were supposed to be smaller but this dude is huge. :popcorn:

As far as I know thats the only bio that is full size that Mysteria make, I know the P1 is under sized cos I've got one. Lookin forward to seeing that painted up.

yeah nice

true the P1 is the smallest. the deluxe a lil bit bigger.

the AVP is like full size and fits on my half mask too.

A bit more work last night...
Cutting the eyes...
IMG_5982.jpg

I found it really useful to do this outside so as not to breathe too much of the fumes in. Also, I had my compressor going using lots of air to blow away the dust periodically to help my old eyes see what I'd cut.

IMG_5985.jpg

After a hot bath last night. I really liked the look as I pulled it from the bath. The droplets on the mask looked awesome. I may try to paint something like that effect if I can.
IMG_5986.jpg

It's real nice how much did you get it for?
$137 shipped to the US. I didn't know if that was a great price or not, but I'm very happy with the mask and the quality. I'm also going to get a Hez Bio as well at a later date. Here is a link to Mysteria.. Mysteria Models
I have a feeling that collecting these, and painting them up, will become slightly addictive. :popcorn:
I picked up some primer at Wally World at lunch, so more playtime tonight.

Yup - Bio painting is HIGHLY addictive and fun too :eek: Good luck with the priming/painting process

Yes... so much so that I couldn't wait and primed after lunch (during a work break of course).

IMG_5987.jpg

Poured some acid on it ... (hey Aliens spit the stuff! It didn't do much by the way.)

IMG_5988.jpg

Set it on fire...

IMG_5990.jpg

Which gave me a bit of bubbling...

IMG_5994.jpg

And then I rattle-canned it with whatever paint I could find in the garage (orange, Aluminum, and black).

IMG_5997.jpg

I know it needs more work but dammit... I just couldn't stop myself. Hell, I'll probably paint it again tomorrow. :popcorn:

Repaint...
It's better because I used a brush and stayed away from orange. But... I've done this repaint but I'm still not happy with the results. How do you guys get such a sheen on your masks?

IMG_6026.jpg

now with LEDs installed...

withleds2.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back