Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
I know. Just ONE shot of JJ or Daredevil would have been bonkers. Could you imagine the theatre?

Or hell....wolverine
I was hoping for that too. Just one shot would've tied EVERYTHING together - Defenders w/ the Avengers. Like the X-Men cameo in the Deadpool 2 movie. Just a brief flash coming out of a magic portal, to assure we know they belong in the same universe.

Last edited:
I know. Just ONE shot of JJ or Daredevil would have been bonkers. Could you imagine the theatre?

Netflix still holds the rights to those actors unless theres a deal down the line, would have been cool though

Or hell....wolverine

But I'm glad they didn't.....using characters which we know they now own, popping up just after the deal was finalised would be cheap & tacky.....I'm hoping the Fox characters will be integrated in a clever way,....the whole parallel universe thing that has been created because of the time heist, could introduce characters in future movies

J

I laughed, I cried, I was on the edge of my seat with my heart hammering in my chest, I cheered out loud and I left satisfied. This was a solid ending to a story 11 years in the making. When cap threw Mjolnir I stood up and roared. Man, this really was, probably, the best possible end to this. I was not disappointed, personally, I think it lived up to the hype.

I'm not sure how it ties in with the handing over of the vibranium shield, i'm not sure. Perhaps Howard Stark created two.

I'm of the opinion that Cap went back to the original timeline and lived to the present. If that's the case, he just needed to call up Wakanda after they reveal themselves and have another shield made on the down low. I think I saw extra detailing on the points of the star meaning the new shield isn't identical to the first, supporting my view it's a new build.

Screenshot_20190429_101347.jpg

The traveling back to scenes from the other film times was nuts! It was like they captured each part exact. The elevator and Cap being in there... no one looked any different at all! I couldn’t believe the pulled off what they did revisiting all these film events again and none of it was an eyesore that stood out wrong in the least. I think it will be a movie everyone will continue to discuss for a long time.

I have a question about Vision. Scarlet Witch said to Thanos that he took everything from her, but looked to be that Vision didn’t exist since they went back to get the mind stone and would make Vision never happen. Or is it because of the whole timeline splits where the memory is there, but he’s not. I need to really go deep into all this because it’s just insane what they did and was far and above what I thought the film was going to be.... and in a good way of course. Completely unexpected story for me.

I just saw it (in 3D) tonight, and I loved it. I wasn't expecting to like it so much; I liked parts of Infinity War, but it didn't maintain my interest all the way through. I felt IW was too long and some of the action sequences weren't that interesting, like the battle in Wakanda (it reminded me of the Gungan/droid battle on Naboo in The Phantom Menace). So I went into Endgame dreading the 3 hour run-time, thinking I would fall asleep or be fidgeting throughout. I didn't seek out a lot of trailers, but the ones I did see didn't get me excited for the movie.

Boy, was I wrong to be reluctant to see it. I was engaged the whole time. Lately I've been getting fatigued by all the superhero movies, and not really interested in the spectacle of the action sequences. Since the majority of this movie was about the characters and not about action, and there was more of a plot than in some of the others in the genre, I enjoyed it much more. I think, as a comic fan, I've always been drawn to the human side of superhero characters. It's why I loved the Spider-Man comics, where he had to deal with being incredibly powerful as Spider-Man, but struggled with life as Peter Parker. Raimi's Spider-Man 2 is still one of my favorite superhero movies because of how it captured that dynamic and focused on Peter Parker more than Spider-Man.

I'd argue that Endgame was more of a drama than an action film. And I mean that in the best possible way. I can see now why the movie was 3 hours long, it needed to be in order to have meaningful character development and interaction while still delivering enough action and plot to satisfy.

So Steve left at the end to take the stones back but also had Mjolnir.... and he didnt seem to bring it back, so where did he leave it? Or did he just take it back to where the Reality stone was?

Also, was Tony buried or cremated? We only saw the service with a wreath in the river, not the actual funeral i assume?

I'll admit that when Thanos brought in his whole army, again, i was just like "really, do we need to see another giant battle against Thanos' army", it felt redundant and not needed, especially considering what happened next. But i guess it was worth it for those moments seeing all the heroes fighting together.

Last edited:
I think Steve returning the stones to the point in time when they were taken raises some interesting questions.

Returning the Time stone back to the Ancient One probably wouldn't have any consequences, nor would returning the Tesseract to the lab.

However, the timeline where they would be returning the Mind stone will have been split because Loki took the Tesseract and has disappeared, so that reality will be changed.

Returning the Ether to Asgard (and somehow reinserting it into Jane) would see the events of Thor the Dark World play out the same.

Returning the Power stone to Moragg is an interesting one depending on what happens there. If Steve turns up as soon as Rhodey and Nebula take it would Thanos still have found out about the future via the connection between the two Nebulas, or would everything revert to how things played out in GotG, normalising the that timeline, and the Thanos who we saw turned to dust in the final battle is just a tangent that has split and subsequently been closed down?

Similarly, what would returning the Soul stone at the particular point in time that Hawkeye and Black Widow are retrieving it mean for Natasha's death?

Returning the Power stone to Moragg is an interesting one depending on what happens there. If Steve turns up as soon as Rhodey and Nebula take it would Thanos still have found out about the future via the connection between the two Nebulas, or would everything revert to how things played out in GotG,

As I recall, Peter barely got away with the Stone in the original GotG, so now if he's been delayed due to being zapped unconscious by Rhodey and Nebula, wouldn't that mean he'd be captured by Yondu?

timey wimey

It also seemed a bit odd, considering how hard it was to GET the stones, that they just sent Steve to take them all back on his own, it's clearly more complicated than just dropping them back off..

How do you return the soul stone?

As I recall, Peter barely got away with the Stone in the original GotG, so now if he's been delayed due to being zapped unconscious by Rhodey and Nebula, wouldn't that mean he'd be captured by Yondu?

timey wimey

Or before Korath turns up with his minions.

I guess Cap would need to time travel with a bottle of wake-up juice from BTTF3

It also seemed a bit odd, considering how hard it was to GET the stones, that they just sent Steve to take them all back on his own, it's clearly more complicated than just dropping them back off..

How do you return the soul stone?

Doubtless Captain America would quite happily turn it over to his arch nemesis, the Red Skull, no questions asked.

The single enduring and irredeemable tragedy is that the Gamora we knew - the one who reconciled with her sister, the one who developed maternal feelings for a baby Groot, the one who once lived a life surrounded by enemies and grew to be honored to die among friends, the one who accepted this family and finally allowed herself to love a Terran named, Peter - is truly dead.

It's really horrifying that, after everything she's been through, Gamora's final memory was of Thanos tossing her to her death.

Sure, we have a Gamora from another timeline, but she is not the same as the person who died in IW. This is not like the movie trope where someone loses their memory and has to rediscover their relationships. Our Gamora is dead and I feel really awful about it.

The single enduring and irredeemable tragedy is that the Gamora we knew - the one who reconciled with her sister, the one who developed maternal feelings for a baby Groot, the one who once lived a life surrounded by enemies and grew to be honored to die among friends, the one who accepted this family and finally allowed herself to love a Terran named, Peter - is truly dead.

It's really horrifying that, after everything she's been through, Gamora's final memory was of Thanos tossing her to her death.

Sure, we have a Gamora from another timeline, but she is not the same as the person who died in IW. This is not like the movie trope where someone loses their memory and has to rediscover their relationships. Our Gamora is dead and I feel really awful about it.

Well said, D. Gamora went through SO much growth and evolution and she will be truly, deeply missed.

Would past Gamora who came into current time have vanished along with the rest of Thanos' army from Tony's snap? Ir is it implied that shes still in the current time somewhere and thats why Peter is looking for her?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back