Avengers: Endgame (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Endgame?

• Total voters
I liked it. I think a lot of it was fan service (and that's not a bad thing) but it was a lot of fun - far funnier than I was expecting. I think it worked perfectly as an 'end of the era' movie.

Big Spoilers for the film below, so read with caution

Things I loved:

Dude Thor and the fat belly.

The Steve is worthy scene - that was fantastic payoff.

"It IS America's butt"

The CGI/make up of emaciated Tony and old Steve was very good.

The use of Nebula. I'm really surprised how much she was used in the film. And they rounded off her character arc really well.

The Thanos/Captain Marvel headbutt.

"I.. Am.. Iron Man"

Things that I wasn't that hyped about, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it:

Captain Marvel being seriously underused. I get it, she's ridiculously powerful and they had to sideline her but it just felt like a waste. The ending kinda cements her as a living weapon, but I can't see how her character can develop further in any future films.

Black Widow. She deserved to be there in the end, and it blows that they announce her movie which now has to be a prequel.

Thanos felt very one note compared to Infinity War

Just got back. A true masterpiece and an emotional rollercoaster. I'm emotionally drained from watching it - I cried more times than I can count. So happy and proud of what Marvel Studios has given us. A movie of this scale isn't easy and boy is it a satisfying conclusion to this 10 year journey. I honestly don't know how they're going to top this (if it's even possible).

Initial thoughts:
Did not see that Thanos-killing opening coming! Really set the stakes and the plot in motion and put you on edge.

It's not as doom-and-gloom from the get-go as I was hoping it would be. I think it gets more serious in tone as it goes on, so I think I'm ok with it.

Professor Hulk was a surprise but so funny

Dude Thor was equally hilarious and something I never imagined I'd see

Half the movie is a trip down memory lane and it's incredibly satisfying. Mostly fan service, but I actually really enjoyed it. Having followed this thing from the beginning, it was a rewarding way to conclude this saga.

Honestly, really glad they sidelined Captain Marvel for 95% of the film. I didn't find her that interesting in her own movie and I didn't want her to be the one who defeated Thanos, so I'm happy with her epic entrance at the end and just helping out for a bit.

I **** my pants when Cap picked up the hammer

I also **** my pants when all the fallen heroes returned on the battlefield. I couldn't believe my eyes. That battle was insane.

Scarlet Witch's entrance was amazing. She finally got her moment to go full rage-mode on Thanos and show us how powerful she really is

Nebula was great

As much as I loved the focus on Thanos in IW, I like how he wasn't as prevalent here. This one isn't his movie.

Tony's death Honorable and epic, but damn did that mess me up.

The soul stone scene played my emotions like a fiddle. Not the outcome I was expecting

Is it just me or was Cassie way too old for the 5 year time jump? She's like...7-10 in Ant Man and the Wasp? She looked 18-20 in Endgame

Can't wait for more Asguardians of the Galaxy! Having Thor on that team is an absolute delight.

Surprised we never saw Vision. I could have sworn they were able to save his mind at the last second in IW and would rebuild a new, b/w Vision, but I guess they're saving that for later?

Alan Silvestri's score is incredible once again. I noticed a bunch of the heroes' motifs sprinkled throughout, which I really appreciated.

I always wondered if Cap would somehow stay with Peggy when I found out there was time travel in this one...so touched to see that play out. I'm relieved I didn't have to watch my favorite Avenger die, rather retire and pass the shield to Sam. Bucky's smile when he realizes what Steve did was great and then he kindly gestures Sam to go talk to him. Heartwarming scene (and excellent aging CGI!)

Seeing it again tomorrow night in IMAX. I kinda want to give it a few days to set in before I go again. Oh well, Avengers Assemble!

Last edited:
Finally, an Avenger cosplay I can pull off. Dude Thor FTW! :D

I loved this movie so much. It exceeded my expectations in every way. Incredible storytelling.

I haven't cried that much in a movie since The Passion of the ******.

WOW, what a ride!

Seeing it again in the cinemas for sure.

One thing I don't understand.

Captain Marvels powers comes from the infinity stones. Thanos held the stones when she attacked. He could have easily sucked out all her powers back into the stone.

Big spoiler
And what I didn't like about the movie. It did exactly what I feared it would do: it undid the snap and made all the dusted be alive again. I have to give the movie though that it did it in a way I didn't see coming and in a way that was really entertaining and left a lot of continued issues and concequences even though everyone was saved - it left a fractured world where the survivors are 5 years older and has lived through those years and changed, while the revived are exactly as they were. Will create a lot of tension and for someone like Peter Parker... he won't go back to the same class he knew, but at least he has Ned.

Last edited:
*****Spoilers don’t read. Not using tag.******
This is a post release thread so we shouldn’t be using spoiler tags anymore. Coming in at your own risk to be spoiled. Why even click the thread when it says post release. Anyways. Be warned. I’m not using the tag.

Overall loved loved the film. Enjoyed the build up to the final battle.

And final battle is epic especially the captain America weilding hammer scenes. It’s hammer time.

I expected it to be the last film for iron man and/or captain America. Contracts are up and both mentioned it was time to move on from the character.

Iron mans death was epic. Truly a thing of beauty.

As for captain, I’m happy he finally got his dance. He got the life he should of had the whole time. But left disappointed. He’s my favorite avenger. But I was hoping to see more of his character. One more film at least. Or bringing Peggy to modern day like Doc did In back to future. Okay that sounds dumb. But dunno. Just didn’t feel right. Not sure I like the direction it’s going. Let’s face it. Falcon and Bucky aren’t captain America. Also by him staying in the past, doesn’t that mess with the time universe Continuem thingy.

Also. Black Widow death. Totally shock by that. Didn’t see that one coming at all.

Btw, does this mean Loki and Gamora are still alive? Loki escapes with infinity stone. And past gamora came into future with Thanos. So both are essentially alive since past Thanos died.

Also really don’t get why the people that vanished couldn’t return the moment they first vanished. Just like The stones. Returning the same point in time. I understand tony didn’t want to lose his daughter. But what about the hundred and thousands of people that died within those 5 years. Not knowing what happen to their vanished loved ones.

Last edited:
One thing I don't understand.

Captain Marvels powers comes from the infinity stones. Thanos held the stones when she attacked. He could have easily sucked out all her powers back into the stone.]

Easy answer. They want more sequels to her film series.

Kinda like why didn’t dr strange use his infinity stone to turn back time. Cause endgame wouldn’t happen

Kinda like why didn’t dr strange use his infinity stone to turn back time. Cause endgame wouldn’t happen

Dr. Strange tested all options, so that makes sense.

Not sucking the powers out of Captain Marvel doesn't. And it could have become a great character and drama moment with a now human/kree Carol Danvers having to survive the battle without her powers - and she could get them back afterwards.

And Thanos was so creative in his ways to defeat people in Infinity War, but he did none of that here. Of all the characters being let down in this movie, Thanos suffered the most.

And am I missing something but...

... can anyone now just pick up an infinity stone like it was nothing, let alone hold all of them without exploding everything? Wasn't it established previously that not everyone could touch them or hold them and survive which is why Starlord holding one and surviving was a big deal? And the comment from Ego seemed to focus on just holding one... not even about using it.

Dr. Strange tested all options, so that makes sense.

Not sucking the powers out of Captain Marvel doesn't. And it could have become a great character and drama moment with a now human/kree Carol Danvers having to survive the battle without her powers - and she could get them back afterwards.

And Thanos was so creative in his ways to defeat people in Infinity War, but he did none of that here. Of all the characters being let down in this movie, Thanos suffered the most.

Think the main focus was iron mans death during the battle.

Captain marvel seemed more like a sidelined character. Like they purposely tried to leave her out the best they can. Would take away the focus on iron man and captain America.

Wasn’t Thanos creative with the infinity stones though and not without. This film he didn’t really have them. He kept trying going for the quick kill with the snap of the fingers. Maybe ignorance of not having the same knowledge as past infinity war Thanos.

Also thought the same thing. Thought people couldn’t hold onto the infinity stone. Or maybe hold onto it long enough.

Last edited:
I thought the movie was great, but did leave me with questions:

Why did the Avengers build a right handed gauntlet?

What happened to Loki and Gammora? I assume both are alive now and in the universe somewhere.

And if Gammora can be saved, so can Black Widow...

I've seen a scene where Captain, Black Widow, and the other survivors are talking about Fury's pager and how it just stopped. And then Captain Marvel shows up. What's that from? I assumed it was going to be an early scene in Endgame.

I've seen a scene where Captain, Black Widow, and the other survivors are talking about Fury's pager and how it just stopped. And then Captain Marvel shows up. What's that from? I assumed it was going to be an early scene in Endgame.[/spoiler]

That's the mid-credits scene in Captain Marvel. Unless I'm forgetting something about how she returns Tony and Nebula to Earth, it explains how she knows where to bring them back to.

Captain marvel seemed more like a sidelined character. Like they purposely tried to leave her out the best they can. Would take away the focus on iron man and captain America.

I think characters like Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Dr. Strange and even Starlord, and Drax were left to smaller roles so that the main team would be the focus. This was the final Avengers film with this group, it was their film to shine in.

Wasn’t Thanos creative with the infinity stones though and not without. This film he didn’t really have them. He kept trying going for the quick kill with the snap of the fingers. Maybe ignorance of not having the same knowledge as past infinity war Thanos.

Also thought the same thing. Thought people couldn’t hold onto the infinity stone. Or maybe hold onto it long enough.

I think that was only an issue with some powerstones, specifically the Power stone as that was a big point in the 1st Guardians film. The other stones were never really shown to be "fatal" in the same manner. Even the Ether didn't outright kill Jane Foster.

We see Rhodie carrying the power stone in the orb, so that's not really an issue. The gauntlet being worn by the Hulk messed up his arm just to use it and ended up killing Stark. Thanos in the begining being effectively disabled because of his 2nd use of the stones to destroy themselves (which I honestly felt was kind of weak for the plot) shows how dangerous it is to use, and Thanos in Infinity War wasn't really phased by having all the stones at once.

I will say the one thing that eirked me about this was when deciding "who was gonna do the snap" to fix things- In the comics, the guantlet required an immense amount of intelligence and clarity to properly use, and suggested (like when Nebula had it) that even subconcious thoughts/feelings could be incredibly damaging with the stones. It wasn't even explained/thought up of "how" you "think" or suppose to undo the first Snappening

Last edited:
It wasn't even explained/thought up of "how" you "think" or suppose to undo the first Snappening

To be honest did they really need to explain how the gauntlet worked? Professor Hulk didnt hold it for long but he still said further along in the movie that he tried everything he could to bring Black Widow back, I just assumed that seeing as it held the time stone it would just instantly be able to stop time if needed...we really didnt need to see it. its like when star wars tried to explain the force....and you end up with Midi-chlorians(spelling).

That's the mid-credits scene in Captain Marvel. Unless I'm forgetting something about how she returns Tony and Nebula to Earth, it explains how she knows where to bring them back to.

Weird. I stayed and watched the final scene for Captain Marvel. I must have totally spaced out after seeing it!

I, too, assumed that's how she knew where to find Tony.

I thought the movie was great, but did leave me with questions:

Why did the Avengers build a right handed gauntlet?

What happened to Loki and Gammora? I assume both are alive now and in the universe somewhere.

And if Gammora can be saved, so can Black Widow...

I've seen a scene where Captain, Black Widow, and the other survivors are talking about Fury's pager and how it just stopped. And then Captain Marvel shows up. What's that from? I assumed it was going to be an early scene in Endgame.

Was the Gauntlet that Hulk used the same hand as the one Tony used? i cant remember, im off to see again tonight, but there was 2 iron man gauntlets though right?

Before they went back in time didnt they say whatever happened wouldnt effect the future? pissing all over back to the future? I assume nothing happened with Loki as it was in the past, but even so, they went further back to get the Tesseract (sp??). Original Gammora we knew from Guardians is dead, she didnt turn to dust like the others. although im still unsure what happened to her other version we saw in endgame. from what i can remember the last time we saw her she was kicking starlord in the nuts, he was then back on his ship later possibly searching for his Gammora.

As for black widow there is possibility she is now back alive as captain america had to take the stones back to where they all came from, including thors hammer.

Weird. I stayed and watched the final scene for Captain Marvel. I must have totally spaced out after seeing it!

I, too, assumed that's how she knew where to find Tony.

Tony and Nebula were on Saturn's moon, Titan, so surely they were in Earth's solar system. Since Captain Marvel was en route to Earth and Tony and Nebula were likely between Carol and Earth, it meant very little in terms of a detour for her to rescue them.
Just my thoughts on that aspect of the story.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back