Avengers: Age of Ultron (Post-release)

I'm distraught at the lack of Special features nowadays. The only bluray's I still buy are the marvel or heavy CGI ones due to being interested in how they did it/ Looking at what it was like to film in real life. Nowadays seems I may as well go and buy all digital, even get them earlier. Such a shame. Not delving in to my opinion on transformers movies (well the first three). But there was loads of content on those. I'll be honest. I feel cheated. Even the Gag Reel was a montage of about 3 mins

I would like to point all movie studios to the Extended Editions of the Lord of the Rings movies. Two full DVDs of nothing but bonus material, hours and hours of background, concept, and execution... That's the bar I set. The Marvel movies have been hit-or-miss, and I attribute that to the individual film-makers. I am crossing my fingers for Ant-Man -- that's gotta be a fun one to look behind-the-scenes of...

--Jonah

I would like to point all movie studios to the Extended Editions of the Lord of the Rings movies. Two full DVDs of nothing but bonus material, hours and hours of background, concept, and execution... That's the bar I set. The Marvel movies have been hit-or-miss, and I attribute that to the individual film-makers. I am crossing my fingers for Ant-Man -- that's gotta be a fun one to look behind-the-scenes of...

--Jonah

+1

The LOTR and Hobbit movie Special Features are the best ever. Slickly produced and extremely watchable.

Maybe the studios don't think the average movie watcher cares, but (to me) you can tell the the film makers of those movies are fans and just love to geek out on that stuff!

Why I'm hoping JJ breaks the pattern of past Star Wars films. There was almost nothing for the entire OT. There was more for the Prequels, but not really a whole lot... And he's such a fan, I'm hoping he wants to show off a little of the work that went into revisiting the setting.

--Jonah

Why I'm hoping JJ breaks the pattern of past Star Wars films. There was almost nothing for the entire OT. There was more for the Prequels, but not really a whole lot... And he's such a fan, I'm hoping he wants to show off a little of the work that went into revisiting the setting.

--Jonah

That's assuming we don't get another Star Trek Into Darkness debacle where the studio split a good chunk of the special features (Even the presentation of the film itself) into retailer exclusives. And before you say that was Paramount, Disney did the same thing with their recent Cinderella release this week.

--Jonah

I'm sure they're saving all the good stuff for the Complete Deluxe Marvel set that includes every Marvel movie they've made once the Avengers films are complete... They have the material somewhere I'm sure. But why put the good stuff out up front. It's all shady marketing.

One thing I'm annoyed about... I got the Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase I box set (the tesseract case). Yes, it has all the Phase I films on BluRay (and 3D BluRay where applicable), yes it has a bonus disc of extra-extra content... But in general, all the movie discs are the "disc one" discs of the two-disc BluRay (or three-disc 3D BluRay) sets. So nearly all of the bonus features -- the galleries and featurettes documentaries and gag reels and such -- aren't there. I ended up having to go back and get all of the standalone BluRay releases to get them. Ball dropped, Marvel. Ball dropped badly.

--Jonah

We know they do, remember how James Gunn said we would see the deleted scene of how Drax got his tattoos, and what they meant to him?

And we get the bluray and its nowhere to be seen.

That's assuming we don't get another Star Trek Into Darkness debacle where the studio split a good chunk of the special features (Even the presentation of the film itself) into retailer exclusives. And before you say that was Paramount, Disney did the same thing with their recent Cinderella release this week.

At least retailer exclusives are better than REGION exclusives (looking at you, Serenity, although at least the Collector's Edition fixed that).

Definitely agree on the phase 1.i imported it to the UK. Invited the lads round for a day of geeking out on the extra bits. Was disappointed at the content. Plus the lack of disk twos. Good job I've always kept my originals. However financially buying every film twice isn't the greatest use of my limited funds. Now that they're being so stingy. Like with this. There is no bonus disk like there was with iron man etc. So nothing for them not to include in phase two . But alas... My inner child must have the phase two. Then the three. Then the whole collection no doubt. Im usually good with will power with things that are just marketing b***ocks. But I can't help it with the MCU.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Avengers 2 deluxe Steel book on sale at Best Buy right now for $ 19.99. I reserved mine back in August at this price.

There are two editions of the Steelblook BTW. One with the AoU logo and the other featuring The Vision on the cover.
I ordered both.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back