Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

That looks great 3phase! , as long as your happy with it , reckon that's all that count's eh! . So you'd recommend square piping if ( contemplating it ) ,we had a go?

square would be easier but not what was used so better to use round and be accurate if you can. I rushed it like I always do and in the shed at night wasn't the best conditions but sometimes when I start something I cant stop.
You could use what came with it if you don't mind it being off a bit. Don't forget they supply another cock pit but its not much better in my opinion.

Cheers for your reply, much appreciated. So, round piping ( what diameter ) ?. You're here in Aus right, so did you have a standing over seas account as well?, reason I ask is cause you've compared the later supplied cockpit with the standard one earlier in this thread. I'm in Perth, and picked up issues 16 -17 from me newsagent just last week. Thanks.

Cheers for your reply, much appreciated. So, round piping ( what diameter ) ?. You're here in Aus right, so did you have a standing over seas account as well?, reason I ask is cause you've compared the later supplied cockpit with the standard one earlier in this thread. I'm in Perth, and picked up issues 16 -17 from me newsagent just last week. Thanks.

Yes getting mine from someone in the US. As for the size I used 0.6mm as that looked the best. I did do some calcs and got some variations from .6 up but I could only get .6 or .9 from my local store and .9 looked to big. .6 was an ass to work with tho.

OK calling this done now I cleaned it up a bit. Will leave it now till I start painting the whole model.

IMAG0200_zps6vwohalf.jpg

IMAG0197_zpsotdbel9w.jpg

IMAG0178_zpsvspwqiof.jpg

IMAG0180_zpsme6cpsep.jpg

IMAG0191_zpsng9ucupe.jpg

hey guys,
good news.i finally finished my hasbro legacy/deagostini falcon conversion.
it will be on display at supanova this weekend in perth.
will try and get some pix uploaded in the next few days or so.

Hey Rod how are those pics coming of your beast. Any from Supernova?

Cheers for info re:piping/rod used 3phase. Your cockpit housing looks great. May have a go later on ( still doing-up ) the cockpit interior me self . Want the set interiors and S.S. exteriors if possible. Thanks. Ged.; )

Cheers mofo77. How did it go at supernova? . I've posted some very early pics on the Aussie thread ( only figured out how to post, with the help of my niece! ), still stacks to do but, loving it? ;) . Ged

yeah,went really well.nu computer up an running but windows 10 flippin me out.and i have forgot how to upload pix.:$
i'll get it sorted or get one of the other guys to post some pix.;)

Here's a couple of Mofo77's Hasbro Falcon with DeAgostini parts added that I took at Supanova. I'll start another thread in General Modelling with some more pictures of the overall display.
Img_2118_Hasbro_Falcon_cropped.jpg
Img_1992_Hasbro_Falcon_Cropped.jpg
Img_2117_Hasbro_Falcon_Cropped.jpg

....and that's why I haven't "upgraded" to Windows 10. Up yours, Bill Gates.

yeah,went really well.nu computer up an running but windows 10 flippin me out.and i have forgot how to upload pix.:$
i'll get it sorted or get one of the other guys to post some pix.;)

thanx for uploading pix john:thumbsup
the deagostini parts are as follows -
fins on rear deck
top and bottom turrets
cockpit and approx half of passage way ( just the elbow section bit)
and a part section behind the right docking ring.
it was amazing how good the parts fitted on the hasbro legacy falcon.
i plan to replace dish with deago once it is available in oz.,

I haven't had an issue from my news agent for about a month anyone else in same boat??

I usually get mine in lots of 4 from my newsagent so i assume the distributor in Vic might be shipping them the same as monthly subscriptions

I'm still waiting for my first order which I ordered 2 weeks ago and was told it would be about 4 weeks so I'm not concerned at all about the wait.

Nice work JdeCaux, especially like what you've done with the extensions on the ( support ) ? Struts in the hold. Dark, dirty , grimy feel to your hold in general ( I'm going for something similar ) , what lighting (if any) you planning? Cheers✌️. Ged

I haven't had an issue from my news agent for about a month anyone else in same boat??

I just went in for issue 19 and my newsagent didn't have it. It's the third time they didn't have stock because they ran out. Took a few weeks the first couple of times. I rang Deagostini AUS and they are just clueless about anything really. I had few problems to talk to them about including missing parts,damaged parts and just the whole issue of how poor they are packed and they just really didn't care. My first jig piece is that mangled it's beyond repair. I made the point they should be packed like Japan does. Pic below. They just said it wasn't their problem as it comes from overseas like that. I made the point that being the AUS wing of the company shorely they had some say. But I guess not. :(

Anyway apart from that im really loving this build. :)

)image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ben

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back