Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

3phase

Sr Member
There might not be to many of us but might be an idea to keep our info here.

Millennium Falcon 32" Reference sites
http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=60215
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC&id=B9FE0AEBDC25FDBC%215865

Australian/NZ Builders List

1. 3phase
2. Junk pilot
3. S4Simon
4. Gans
5. gizmo
6. edspaged2
7. mofo77
8. David3
9. Taz Vader
10. gumboot
11. Jedioz
12. dowdy29
13. rustbucket
14. Zalaian
15. Jinnai
16. Rats
17. TUBS
18. Spacejunk
19. Madcow66
20. gedmac66
21. Wingsta96

Last edited:
Yes indeed. I'm one. I know of two other Aussies. I'll ask them to join in:)

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hey guys,

From what I've been told Issue 2 is out tomorrow so I'll be making a bee line straight to the newsagents first thing though. I haven't yet subscribed but I will eventually. Now that we know most everyone has the original incorrect TP1 and possibly TP2 with Issue 3 what will TP17/18 on the left side look like? Will they be incorrect as well?

TP17/18 on the left side BTMF_058_01-parts.jpg

I've subscribed. Someone needs to compile a condensed version of the original thread so we don't have to wade through 140 pages.

Just looking at getting some Shapeways replacement parts namely the turret window and cockpit console. What changes need to be made to the console and apart from being incorrectly orientated what's wrong with the window?

I know the cockpit both versions are extremely wrong so I will be getting the shapeways if it is correct. If its to much to mode the Deag that is. About the turret window I just thought it had to be popped out and rotated to be accurate.

Last edited:
I'm from NZ but Ive been importing this from the UK since it started. - will be interesting to see if any parts change through the Australian channel.

Same but I have 95 to go but may get issues 4-6 again. :D

Issue 2 picked up at newsagent , 98 to go

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going to need a container to store the parts in until I'm ready to start. I also need a smaller storage container with separate compartments to store all the screws and other small parts in as well.

Get a big plastic bin for parts and a smaller plastic box with dividers for the screws. they give you heaps more screws than you need but its good to keep em all just in case. Once you start building the framework you will probably be keeping it on a benchtop on the plastic jig provided. It takes a fair bit of room so it pays to find a good sized workspace now that you can leave it on for a decent amount of time.

ok people...i had a reply from bissett just asking me to confirm i had the wrong part in issue 1 before they contacted the publisher on the subject.
i told her i thought the whole country had it wrong also..I don't remember seeing confirmation that guy in WA actually had the right part...does anyone know about that?
cheers

Hey guys,
From what I've been told Issue 2 is out tomorrow so I'll be making a bee line straight to the newsagents first thing though. I haven't yet subscribed but I will eventually. Now that we know most everyone has the original incorrect TP1 and possibly TP2 with Issue 3 what will TP17/18 on the left side look like? Will they be incorrect as well?

TP-17/18 has the correct hull panels. If you look at the blueprint, you'll see that digitally TP-1 and 2 are incorrect. You'll notice the turret window is incorrectly orientated also. I took a picture of my TP-17 (from Issue 56) to show you that everything is ok.

2A863563-179B-4362-932C-122FDC1C5B3F.jpg

Just looking at getting some Shapeways replacement parts namely the turret window and cockpit console. What changes need to be made to the console and apart from being incorrectly orientated what's wrong with the window?

Aside from the orientation of the window, it lacks the raised lip around the outer diameter of the window, plus the rounded tips on the end of each inner spoke.

7CA321F0-7BAC-40A4-A383-435CB19E18FD.jpg

ok people...i had a reply from bissett just asking me to confirm i had the wrong part in issue 1 before they contacted the publisher on the subject.
i told her i thought the whole country had it wrong also..I don't remember seeing confirmation that guy in WA actually had the right part...does anyone know about that?
cheers

Bissett will have no idea what you're talking about tbh. They will think there's an actual part missing, and more than likely what has been supplied to them from DeAgostini will not contain the updated TP-1. The guy in WA didn't have the updated TP-1, there was just confusion between parts from 2014's test run and what was released at the start of last year.

The guy in WA didn't have the updated TP-1, there was just confusion between parts from 2014's test run and what was released at the start of last year.

Correct, I have not found any correct parts here in the West. I've been to several newsagents in different parts of town since I discovered the correct info about the edges.

The Japanese version I got from HLJ is correct though! Just paid for Issue 3.....

Correct, I have not found any correct parts here in the West. I've been to several newsagents in different parts of town since I discovered the correct info about the edges.

The Japanese version I got from HLJ is correct though! Just paid for Issue 3.....

Yep!

Also Japanese issue 8 contains a part that will cover the missing seat cushions to make the hold seat somewhat more accurate.

I really like what Lee s is doing with his build with correct parts replacing the not so good Deag parts. I might be changing a few but not as many as Lee. With his approval here is his picture and I have shown what the parts are from. I think I have them correct.
An idea for us aussie builders would be combine our efforts with parts and get someone to cast them. This might only work if there was enough wanting to do it. Not sure the cost of making the parts and I only know of Jase at the gold coast is capable of doing it.
Just a thought. Maybe after these parts the rest of the build might be a bit better and not need parts replaced etc.

parts-01_zpswh3onmg6.jpg

I've already got some of these kits but I'm not that brave to use the Shinano parts without casting them first but just wondering about that Gneisnau part though. Is that 1/35 or 1/350 or the trimmed down Part no. 6 from sprue C from the 1/700 kit with a hole drilled through it?

dqK9K.jpg

Last edited:
**** sorry that should be 1:700. Also if you cast anything let me know and hopefully we can do a deal. Do you have the Gneisenau. If not I will get it for us.

I don't have any ship kits as I stopped buying kits and downed tools on my Legacy Falcon conversion when I heard about the DeAgo Falcon. Still I should look at getting more kits though. I think they'll come in handy.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back