Australian/NZ - Deagostini Falcon

getting there

IMAG0047_zpsnkeifgte.jpg

New scribed lines in the correct spot (best I could do)

IMAG0052_zpsbiwvpsk8.jpg

G'day 3phase, intricate work you've undertaken for yourself there. Appreciate your endeavour to ( as close as possible ), replicate the studio model . Unfortunately , I don't have the skills to attempt that level of accuracy, but I am/will be , modifying parts/areas of the existing supplied parts, to more closely resemble the film sets. When you 'bogged- up', said areas on your cockpit , what exact type of putty/filler did you use?. Reason I ask is 'cause, I over 'indulged' an area of a cockpit passenger seat with 'Tamiya' putty, and the next day whilst attempting to sand and clean-up the area, I'd found that the putty had eaten through a small section of it!?. What would you guys suggest is stable, workable and non-plastic eating for the plastic/s used in this model?. Any help & advice greatly appreciated.

Well, I finally did it. I finally subscribed to this today but was told I could only get issues 12-18 (current issue) and would need to back order the issues I need that they didn't have, being issues 8-11. So I have a good shipment arriving in a few weeks time but when I told the wife I'll need to order some parts from Shapeways the look I got is definitely not fit for description here before she then commented about how I haven't finished my other ones yet, which are the Hasbro Legacy conversion and the Hero series Falcon and X-Wing. She just doesn't understand.

Congrates on subscribing - plenty to look forward to.

With regard to the Hasbro Falcon and Xwing. I bought these a year or so ago and gave them the quick 1 hour make over and stuck in some LEDs. They now hang nicely in the cinema room. They were a great buy.

XWingMastercrop_zps5cdf23a6.jpg

falconfrontlighting2sml_zpsfbec00b1.jpg

Attachments

• XWingMastercrop_zps5cdf23a6.jpg
    XWingMastercrop_zps5cdf23a6.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 132
hey guys,
good news.i finally finished my hasbro legacy/deagostini falcon conversion.
it will be on display at supanova this weekend in perth.
will try and get some pix uploaded in the next few days or so.

Howdy peeps I live in Brissy but bought the subscription from the US because I didn't know if they where going to release it over here. Currently on issue 56 atm, just wanted to say hi :)

Howdy peeps I live in Brissy but bought the subscription from the US because I didn't know if they where going to release it over here. Currently on issue 56 atm, just wanted to say hi :)

Hi , another Brissy builder yay. Drop some snaps on us .

Never Ever will I try something like this again. Major pain putting on the rod and using to much glue.

IMAG0126_zpsk3ftoy79.jpg

IMAG0130_zpsm5vrliuj.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0130_zpsm5vrliuj.jpg
    IMAG0130_zpsm5vrliuj.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 134
I just put on a quick coat to see how its going. Square rod would have been so much easier. I have a few spots to clean up etc and then I will be happy as I can be. Will post new pic when im finished.

IMAG0147_zpsgm0vmfip.jpg

That looks great 3phase! , as long as your happy with it , reckon that's all that count's eh! . So you'd recommend square piping if ( contemplating it ) ,we had a go?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back