Auctionsherpa-Recaster?

Re: auctionsherpa on Ebay, is he PK?

Well, FWIW, in 2 threads now, hasn't Matsuo sort of vouched for this person? For that to happen, I doubt his stuff would be recasts, & he'd very likely be a trustworthy seller.

Well, FWIW, in 2 threads now, hasn't Matsuo sort of vouched for this person? For that to happen, I doubt his stuff would be recasts, & he'd very likely be a trustworthy seller.

he's definitely not a trustworthy seller. i've had tons of run-ins with this guy over the last couple years and he's nothing but trouble. all of his stuff is over priced and hyped up to be something it's not.

all of his stuff is over priced and hyped up to be something it's not.

Well, then he's gotta be some sort of super-evil genius mastermind, because it's not easy to overhype something that Matsuo has put together! :)

Dude has been buying stuff from me for years now... Far as I know he quite guilty of getting people to pay lots of money for things.

M

its more the prices are the reason I am staying away. Being a noob at all this prop stuff it is tempting to try and purchase something fully made and ready to display but I feel a lot of what I have seen done I can do. I just have to be a little more confident :) and when you do it yourself there is much more sentimental value in the piece as well. So my goal is to look for kits to do myself mostly (unless of course the price on something fully assembled is too good to be true. But then again if thats so, it probably is too good to be true)

Ok, rather than wildly speculate, here are the actual facts...

The seller is Dez. He was a member here for years, but he "up and disappeared" when he sold some quantity (ten? twenty?) Lawgiver replicas to members here, but only actually shipped (IIRC) TWO.

From what I understand, he did the classic: "I got a bunch of pre-paid orders, and I spent the money on rent, so now I have no money to make the replicas" move.

The Lawgiver is a heavily-reworked recast of my licensed SD Studios replica from back in 1997. Dez converted it to match the live-fire props, which were different from the stunt and electronic props. He did a superb job, but recasting is recasting, so it was still morally wrong. Dez and I had a long chat about that...

Dez is an amazingly talented model-maker, mold-maker, and casting guy. His judgement however, is questionable at best.

I knew Dez for a few years before I started MR and shortly after, and he was the gentleman who recast all of my pulse rifle parts, so that Monsters In Motion could start selling their own RECAST(!) version. Terry decided that it was getting too expensive to buy them from me and mark them up, so he did a standard practice in business: ELIMINATE THE MIDDLEMAN! :rolleyes

Terry admitted to me that he did it while I was in his store once. And Dez confirmed that fact. They both gave me a few items from the store as a "sorry". (insert hand slap sound here).

Dez calimed that Terry "made him do it" and he never really wanted to recast my stuff. He was just "following orders". He did contact me to warn me that it was happening at MiM, but again...nobody FORCED him to do it, so the "following orders" thing is never really a legitimate excuse.

While I am not happy that it happened, I do see both sides of the story (I didn't have a license to make Pulse rifles at THAT time...I DID later, but that is another story... and he needed a job in a bad economy) so I will not pass moral judgement here. We made up later, but I still do not condone what he did. MIM also recast quite a few other people's replicas for many years, and Dez was the guy who did the labor, under Terry's orders.

Dez bought a number of Matsucorp replicas directly from Matsuo (or from others) and is now reselling them at an enormous markup. Remember, there are 6 billion+ people in the world, and this board is a miniscule component of the entire collecting world, so many collectors (especially newbies) just don't KNOW what things are actually worth or where they came from. (and would probably have no clue what a recast is).

So they see something cool on eBay and buy it.

Dez can ASK whatever he wants. That is his right. What is NOT cool is that he is selling Lawgiver replicas that should have gone to people who paid for them a few years ago, in-full, here.

If he is able to produce them, he should have squared up with the old customers before selling new ones, IMO.

There ya go.

Update...

Matt contactd me and said that the seller might not be Dez.

SO...

All of the info I posted about Dez is completely true, but that seller MIGHT be a different guy.

We are checking...

who honestly cares? no offense steve but everyone who has delt with this guy including me has had nothin but problems... just stay away if the guy is in question

I asked him a question on his Lawgiver auction if it was a Matsuo/SDS build (Just to make sure it wasn't from to the Quarlo ripoff perpetrated here) and his response was very vague and cryptic. I think if you ask top dollar for an item your response should be better than this:

"its the nicest made period thats all the details you need my friend :)"

Not exactly confidence inspiring.

I asked him a question on his Lawgiver auction if it was a Matsuo/SDS build (Just to make sure it wasn't from to the Quarlo ripoff perpetrated here) and his response was very vague and cryptic. I think if you ask top dollar for an item your response should be better than this:

"its the nicest made period thats all the details you need my friend :)"

Not exactly confidence inspiring.

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I GOT i went on to explain what i am doing with the lawgiver and he got real pushy and started to say "no one will be able to match what i have here" real arrogant..

....and that's the best reason to steer clear of this Idiot!

who honestly cares? no offense steve but everyone who has delt with this guy including me has had nothin but problems... just stay away if the guy is in question

THATS EXACTLY WHAT I GOT i went on to explain what i am doing with the lawgiver and he got real pushy and started to say "no one will be able to match what i have here" real arrogant..

He also says it's a steel airsoft inside which - unless I am mistaken, no airsoft Beretta 92F is made in steel. They are all pot metals or aluminum alloy. Very different than steel.

ANd him being vague about it's origins set off a huge red flag. There would be no reason to hide the SDS/Matsuo origin. Not interested in the Quarlo version because of how things went down here.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back