Attempting Custom IRON WOMAN suit!

Not sure what I wanna do with the helmet yet which is why I'm saving it for last lol. I'm not pleased with the pepper pots rescue helmet but I dunno if I wanna use just a regular iron man helmet either? I've seen the ones with the pony tail which I like but idk. Haven't exactly come across an idea that blows my mind yet.... Any suggestions?

Have you thought about feminizing the movie version a bit? Loosing the notch that drops down the forehead (it looks like a widows peak a bit). Curving the jaw a bit and making the eyes a bit rounder (so it's less of a scowl). Could work.

Anyway, love this build, it's looking fantastic. Keep up the good work!

I would move the location of the arc reactor and also change out the design from circular to triangular.

If you move the triangle to the cleavage area of your breasts it might allow you more depth for the electronics and look better with the lines of the suit like this.

peps.jpg

Just a suggestion.I think the build looks great.

Last edited:
I would move the location of the arc reactor and also change out the design from circular to triangular.

If you move the triangle to the cleavage area of your breasts it might allow you more depth for the electronics and look better with the lines of the suit like this.

peps.jpg

Very good idea with the arc reactor

I always figured that, if female-Tony Stark had the arc in the same spot as male-Tony Stark, then she would probably need a double mastectomy in order for it to "fit" properly. Oh, the weird **** that gets discussed staying up late and drinking with nerdy friends...

Looking forward to seeing more! I, personally, am not a fan of "cleavage armor" for the sake of showing off some skin, but I'm interested to see how you pull it off.

This LOL

I had a truck load of questions regarding arc reactor position and function, but you just pop the obvious one.

Great work, NinjaShani! Keep at it. :thumbsup
Always refreshing to see someone take a character and build it from the ground up with a new approach (female version).

Have you thought about feminizing the movie version a bit? Loosing the notch that drops down the forehead (it looks like a widows peak a bit). Curving the jaw a bit and making the eyes a bit rounder (so it's less of a scowl). Could work.

Anyway, love this build, it's looking fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Agreed that it lookslike a widows peak. It just doesn't seem right. I'm leaning towards making it look more like the mark 6 but not sure yet. I still have a ton of figuring out to do function wise with things.

peps.jpg

Thanks for your input. I actually was just talking with my husband about changing it from the circular to the newer triangular shape to make it more of an updated look. As for placement ive been trying to figure out (function wise) where things would work best. I will keep you updated on what I decide.

I always figured that, if female-Tony Stark had the arc in the same spot as male-Tony Stark, then she would probably need a double mastectomy in order for it to "fit" properly. Oh, the weird **** that gets discussed staying up late and drinking with nerdy friends...

Looking forward to seeing more! I, personally, am not a fan of "cleavage armor" for the sake of showing off some skin, but I'm interested to see how you pull it off.

Haha well my thing is the only way to feminines it really is to show some skin? So I kinda don't have a choice unless I just wanna look just like iron man... which is what I don't want. And night after night ive been working on placement and what I wanna do so function wise it works but still looks good at the same time.... only time will tell what I come up with.

Great work, NinjaShani! Keep at it. :thumbsup
Always refreshing to see someone take a character and build it from the ground up with a new approach (female version).

Thanks! Trying to work on this as much as possible. Its tough doing something no ones done before but so far its coming along nicely for the most part. Hitting a few snags here and there but I'm sure ill figure it out!

Haha well my thing is the only way to feminines it really is to show some skin? So I kinda don't have a choice unless I just wanna look just like iron man... which is what I don't want. And night after night ive been working on placement and what I wanna do so function wise it works but still looks good at the same time.... only time will tell what I come up with.

Honestly I think if the chest armor has a bust then you're already pretty ahead. Both my friend who did female Iron Man and my own female War Machine - both were the mostly unmodified male suits but being worn by women - they turned out pretty "feminine" without even trying. Both of us had to modify the thighs, and that seemed to give it a pretty curvy profile to it all. If you make the pieces to fit you, then just the fact that you aren't a guy will make it look pretty girly all on it's own.

Have you considered wearing a corset instead of an abdomen section? Or even better, wearing one and then having the abdomen armor over it? That would give you really "comic book" style female proportions without having to show off skin.

Honestly I think if the chest armor has a bust then you're already pretty ahead. Both my friend who did female Iron Man and my own female War Machine - both were the mostly unmodified male suits but being worn by women - they turned out pretty "feminine" without even trying. Both of us had to modify the thighs, and that seemed to give it a pretty curvy profile to it all. If you make the pieces to fit you, then just the fact that you aren't a guy will make it look pretty girly all on it's own.

Have you considered wearing a corset instead of an abdomen section? Or even better, wearing one and then having the abdomen armor over it? That would give you really "comic book" style female proportions without having to show off skin.

Ive seen many girls use a corset and it just doesn't look right to me. Not badass enough. I'm pretty picky when it comes to my costumes for cons and everything ive seen on woman isn't that great which fueled my passion to attempt making this. And honestly almost all of my skin will be covered only a little will show but I'm trying to do something different. Not what other girls have done and I just haven't "loved" anything ive seen yet. Setting the bar high is just in my nature.

So placement of the arc has been a challenge but ive finally made it work which I'm relieved about. Ive added abs to see how it will look and I'm pretty happy with the look. Now I just have to make it exactly aligned.

I'm sure you've already noticed this, but I'll point it out anyway just in case. I don't know if it's gravity pulling down the left shoulder strap and hence lifting the left side chest, but the left 'nipple' area (for lack of a better description) seems quite a bit higher than the one on the right and the whole left chest side seems to be kind of pointing skyward. If that's just the way it's sitting and the shoulder strap pulling it down at the back, ignore this comment lol. It's hard to look at things in still frame pics and get the whole idea.

I'm sure you've already noticed this, but I'll point it out anyway just in case. I don't know if it's gravity pulling down the left shoulder strap and hence lifting the left side chest, but the left 'nipple' area (for lack of a better description) seems quite a bit higher than the one on the right and the whole left chest side seems to be kind of pointing skyward. If that's just the way it's sitting and the shoulder strap pulling it down at the back, ignore this comment lol. It's hard to look at things in still frame pics and get the whole idea.

Yeah I noticed in the pic it looked that way. Its just the way it was sitting when I took the pic. That would be pretty akward if it was actual like that and I wore it that way without noticing lol :lol

So worked on it a little more tonight. I taped things in place so they will keep shape even though this won't be the exact placement for the straps in the front. Figured id still post some pics so people can see the general idea I'm going for.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back