AT-AT WALKER 3D MODEL

Great work as usual. My only question is do the feet need to angle/ flare out more at the bottom? From your pics it looks as though the walls of the feet are vertical. From the ref photos I have the feet flare out at the bottom as does the foot ankle/ compression section.
You're right; the feet are designed into a trapeze form.

enjoying watching your progress and agree about the subtle curves and lack of symmetry (though I couldn't resist on mine ...) im not sure about these edges being so soft though ....

Attachments

• mmmmm.jpg
    mmmmm.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 100
Hi all
I’ve not been here for a while. This ATAT looks great.
If you still need some id’s for the rear end..
Russian Tank T34/76 1942 Production Model
Item No: 35049
Also
1:35 tamiya british chieftain tank
1:35 tamiya M16 half track
1:35 tamiya 20mm Flakvierling 38
1:35 tamiya kampfpanzer leopard
1:35 tamiya KFZ 223 or 222, can’t remember which..

Cheers
Phil

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the tips and info...I am going back over the model correcting and tweaking as I go. I have a friend who is super hot on ID'ing the kit parts which has helped hugely.
So, after much scrutinising I think I'm nearly done with the head...easily the hardest part, so far, to model;

Cheek guns first;
AT-AT 19.jpg
AT-AT 20.jpg

then Chin guns;
AT-AT 21.jpg

and then the whole thing. I think it looks like a bit like a Chameleon's head after staring at it for ages;

AT-AT 22.jpg

AT-AT 23.jpg

AT-AT 24.jpg

Also modelled the foot again from more accurate ref images;
AT-AT 25.jpg

Nice work! I'm wondering if the ones we saw in Rogue One were significantly different from this original design? I did notice the main body had some major changes.

Looking really good!

Just wondering, I don't think the main guns taper down at the ends, they are just tubes.

The spacing between the trapezoid-like shapes behind the 'eyes' are narrower and more like panel lines.

Last edited:
Looking really good!

Just wondering, I don't think the main guns taper down at the ends, they are just tubes.

The spacing between the trapezoid-like shapes behind the 'eyes' are narrower and more like panel lines.
Thanks...the main guns do definitely taper I think but yep maybe not as much as mine. And yeh the trapezoid panels are in need of a tweak;
ZXR8lYVt.jpg

So after much research and wadding thru weeds and SSmodellers and grainy old pics, I think I am finally getting close with the dark underbelly of the walker; firstly the 2 Saturn V parts with their greebs
AT-AT 29.jpg
AT-AT 28.jpg

Then the Harrier parts with their greebs;
AT-AT 25.jpg
AT-AT 26.jpg

And then the belly plate;
AT-AT 27.jpg

There's some cutting to do for fitment but should be mostly done

Thanks...the main guns do definitely taper I think but yep maybe not as much as mine. And yeh the trapezoid panels are in need of a tweak;
View attachment 1649861

So after much research and wadding thru weeds and SSmodellers and grainy old pics, I think I am finally getting close with the dark underbelly of the walker; firstly the 2 Saturn V parts with their greebs
View attachment 1649856View attachment 1649857
Then the Harrier parts with their greebs;
View attachment 1649858View attachment 1649859
And then the belly plate;
View attachment 1649860
There's some cutting to do for fitment but should be mostly done
Just amazing GEEK1138!

So everything is now modelled. I need to double check fitting and scale and get the rods and stuff included. I will overhaul the model, tweaking various bits as I go, until I am totally happy with it. Next begins the actual printing to beta test all the parts;
AT-AT 32.jpg

This is the provisional design for the foot; it should allow the top foot pad to compress into the foot shell when load bearing and relax when lifting. The base plate rotates and locks into the foot shell after the toes are connected and the foot pad and spring are installed. Then the C shaped bar is aligned and the pivot pin is inserted. This looks close to how they did it originally;
FOOT.jpg
FOOT 1.jpg
FOOT 2.jpg
FOOT 3.jpg
FOOT 4.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back