AT-AT WALKER 3D MODEL

Junk Pilot indeed the 4th and 5th AT-AT on the ridge were smaller cut-out photographs of an AT-AT, posted in the background which added extra depth :

View attachment 1684812
(Picture courtesy ILM/Lucasfilm Ltd.)

Chaïm
I should pay closer attention. Yes, you are correct.

The clip I was commenting on was from the fan-made "Revisited" version where the rear Walkers more animated that the original theatrical version.

Interesting stuff! So it has been decided to make a 1/4 scale walker and with that in mind I have printed out my model to test the possible problems of undertaking such a prop. The biggest issue will be top heavy-ness, so I am thinking steel armature thru at least 3 of the legs, with probably plywood bodyshells on top, sitting on a flat steel box. We shall see

So this is all the foot and leg components assembled...the knees and hips are posable so I will choose an iconic shot and copy that
urHKhD6m.jpg
jst0ZUgm.jpg
qrBRTSYm.jpg

The Motordrive and Bodyshell sections will be a mix of plywood and printing with possibly a motorised neck movement

VVWstv0m.jpg
6igIZDvm.jpg
XWQ00otm.jpg
Z2SW0pIm.jpg
pC4dEGDm.jpg

And the head probably all printed with hopefully moving chin guns

vxCKfmPm.jpg
ryFwpW1m.jpg

I will print the other legs and remaining motordrive and head parts to have a 'working' maquette, to figure out the best pose for display before starting on the big version

Interesting stuff! So it has been decided to make a 1/4 scale walker and with that in mind I have printed out my model to test the possible problems of undertaking such a prop. The biggest issue will be top heavy-ness, so I am thinking steel armature thru at least 3 of the legs, with probably plywood bodyshells on top, sitting on a flat steel box. We shall see

So this is all the foot and leg components assembled...the knees and hips are posable so I will choose an iconic shot and copy that
View attachment 1762071 View attachment 1762072 View attachment 1762073

The Motordrive and Bodyshell sections will be a mix of plywood and printing with possibly a motorised neck movement

View attachment 1762074 View attachment 1762075 View attachment 1762076 View attachment 1762077 View attachment 1762078

And the head probably all printed with hopefully moving chin guns

View attachment 1762079 View attachment 1762080

I will print the other legs and remaining motordrive and head parts to have a 'working' maquette, to figure out the best pose for display before starting on the big version
What scale is this model that you printed here and is it in resin?

So 1/4 scale of what google says is 74 feet tall full size.
My terrible at math self just cannot figure that out, even trying a scale calculator, couldn't figure out how to use it.
My guess is like 10 to 12 feet tall, but maybe taller. Hopefully someone can put the actual number here.
Either way, sound incredibly awesome and I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

What scale is this model that you printed here and is it in resin?
It is studio scale 1/24 and not resin...printed in PLA on my Bambu lab Carbon.

Not sure where 74 feet comes in, I think around 12 metres is full size but either way it will be scaled up x 6 giving me a 1/4 scale according to the 1/24 scaling, which should be about 12 feet high...which is just as well as the ceiling where it is to be displayed is no higher

Not sure where 74 feet comes in, I think around 12 metres is full size but either way it will be scaled up x 6 giving me a 1/4 scale according to the 1/24 scaling, which should be about 12 feet high...which is just as well as the ceiling where it is to be displayed is no higher
Everywhere online says 22.5 meters, or 74 feet.
Either way, being a fictional vehicle anyways, 12 feet will still be quite massive and I know we all can't wait to see it come together.

Wow that is a clean print It doesn't even look like it's FDM!

Ok, so not 12 meters dude...even I am not that crazy.
And it seems that the studio model is not 1/24 but more like 1/48; if the 1:1 is 22.5 meters, which makes my build around 1/8 scale...still gonna feel pretty big I reckon

Got the rest of the parts printed for the maquette...just some assembly required and then to strike a classic pose

Head guns on;
jdjkraym.jpg
98aSOxHm.jpg

Neck...this is printed in flexible TPU to allow some head movement;
XY9JjNCm.jpg

The Harrier motordrive parts;

eiTE3tWm.jpg

And the rest of the legs;

BSzEoebm.jpg
ig0Zehom.jpg

So here is the first foot at 1/8th scale...seems big enough. As u can see the concession is to have the steel pole run thru the foot to handle the weight of the top structure. The steel will be welded to a plate underneath the foot, which will be bolted to the ground in situ;

OGqtsb9l.jpg

ySyt0Zal.jpg
VQQRukfl.jpg
jv3fArAl.jpg

LLBDHwLl.jpg

Assembled
ggUjrlGl.jpg
bDLswF8l.jpg

6aRRlYGl.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back