AT-AT WALKER 3D MODEL

So here is the first foot at 1/8th scale...seems big enough. As u can see the concession is to have the steel pole run thru the foot to handle the weight of the top structure. The steel will be welded to a plate underneath the foot, which will be bolted to the ground in situ;

View attachment 1765369
View attachment 1765370View attachment 1765371View attachment 1765372
View attachment 1765373
Assembled
View attachment 1765374 View attachment 1765375
View attachment 1765376
Please keep a tally on how many rolls of filament you use I definitely would like to know How much It will take to make this!

The leg... is growing; got the shin and the thigh printed and fitted. Just another 3 to go.

3Jj7xoal.jpg

HOLY CRAP, that's HUGE! I love it! Can't be all 3d printed? Seems like other materials could be faster and/or less costly.
Thanks...No, I will probably scratch build the Hips, main Motordrive armature and body shell boxes

A litle bit late but this is the best AT-AT build I have seen. Keep it comming. I have a paper template of this model but I think thanks to your thread I can give it an update.

A litle bit late but this is the best AT-AT build I have seen. Keep it comming. I have a paper template of this model but I think thanks to your thread I can give it an update.
I think you should, "do it now!" I'd get to build another one... the strangers you bump into on forums ;) "go Zealot!"

OK, got the Motordrive done...added a skirt to brace the shell in the correct curved profile, fitted all the Saturn V/Harrier parts and all the greeblies and attached the hip flange discs with tapped all thread into aluminium poles, to receive the legs. Have also routed all the panel lines in the bodyshell. This is just a base primer, not he final colour

6oYgro9l.jpg
948owYBl.jpg
0A0YvHql.jpg

you make me feel so inadequate
You just....can't compare. Don't even try....
In fact, I'm REALLY getting the idea that GEEK1138 is not just A person, but like a league of model builders all using that profile together.
Hence the reason SO many projects of this scope are getting done so fast.

Anyone on board with me here???
This is like a conspiracy theory now....lol.

You just....can't compare. Don't even try....
In fact, I'm REALLY getting the idea that GEEK1138 is not just A person, but like a league of model builders all using that profile together.
Hence the reason SO many projects of this scope are getting done so fast.

Anyone on board with me here???
This is like a conspiracy theory now....lol.
its a nice theory but I went to his work shop and its just him alone. I think he uses Time travel.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back