Assistance Needed for Part ID - OT Vader MoM Lightsaber Switch

Yep, I've seen those circles on cast plastic pieces

If there is styrene or tape on the side it might be a terminal block taken out of a rack of multiples

Remember the clamp is a piece of plastic (?) tubing thats sliced and wrapped around the mid-section

I never noticed the tape until you’ve said that now..

But now after you say this I clearly see tape

Good freakn catch man

I never noticed this either!
Amazing how your eyes can play tricks with you.

I feel like whatever part it is is covered in tape. There seems to be impressions on the side of the piece.

I'm still convinced the clamp is made of tape too. Not necessarily gaffer tape but vinyl stage tape.

I think the clamp band is vinyl tape indeed!

I’m failing to see tape or anything on the “clamp”, if you’re talking about the light edge on it, looks like paint scraped off from cutting or the box having rubbed against the edge.

Chipped pain here.

View attachment 1334144

I’m failing to see tape or anything on the “clamp”, if you’re talking about the light edge on it, looks like paint scraped off from cutting or the box having rubbed against the edge.
Theres more than a light edge. Theres tape lifting off of the clamp band. It can be seen in a lot of the photos and has been thought so for quite some time now. As far as the activation box goes we are just throwing some new ideas out.

Can you post a pic showing it lifting? None of my pics seem to show it, so I’d love to have the reference!

Curious though how it reconciles with the chipped paint look in the picture I just posted?

I can see both sides of the argument here. But this pic makes me question things. Is the clamp band tape that's torn, metal with tape torn off or plastic that's chipped.

Maybe we should start a new thread for this cos I don't want to derail Tom's thread.
Screenshot_20200806-225358~2.jpg

Hey maybe if they dressed the mid band maybe they dressed the box too.. im going back over the photos myself tonight, because this is intriguing.

Ive always seen the side of the box starting to cave in, you can see some structure beneath it. Id be down for the idea that its a replacement wall because some of these contact blocks have exposed stuff on the side

I ordered one of the above - 6 quid posted from China.

Just looking at some of Otis boards and there looks to be contact blocks on them. I'll have a decent look on my laptop later. Maybe the part originated from there?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back