Assistance Needed for Part ID - OT Vader MoM Lightsaber Switch

It's an auction so I can't post technically, but I think this product is what we're seeing on the Barbican, basically. This is a contact plate

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 4.34.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 4.34.36 PM.png
    607.7 KB · Views: 164
Motor switches hmm? I'm game, I've had so many close leads that have gone in so many directions. Got any examples? :D

It may be just a coincidence, but I've been looking for functionality of those holes in the top.

Yes, they could be from pushbutton holes, but what is the middle one for? See? weird.

So, my best lead right now are Terminal Blocks, or Junction boxes. Contact Block too, and those holes literally have screws in them. The center hole is the switch. An older version of this:
Screen Shot 2019-12-22 at 11.21.30 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 8.17.33 PM.png

Trouble is, I've come up with squat and starting to think I'm not onto something anymore

I feel like whatever part it is is covered in tape. There seems to be impressions on the side of the piece.

I'm still convinced the clamp is made of tape too. Not necessarily gaffer tape but vinyl stage tape.
Screenshot_20200806-194001~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200806-193646~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200806-193711~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200806-193737~2.jpg

That is a possibility. And the clamp is definitely covered in tape. I used gaff but its probably something just as thick but smoother.

I have some tape that's called dance floor tape. It's as wide as gaffer tape (2in?) but probably about half the thickness of it. Probably the same thickness as electrical tape. It's smooth and has a satin finish unlike gaffer tape which is glossy and has a fabric weave.
Screenshot_20200806-202803~2.jpg

I never noticed the tape until you’ve said that now..

IMG_6994.jpg

I always saw the side of the box wavy.. figuring it was plastic, and had something to do with electrical so it was probably faulty and over heated, melting the plastic..

But now after you say this I clearly see tape

Good freakn catch man

I never noticed the tape until you’ve said that now..

View attachment 1334120

I always saw the side of the box wavy.. figuring it was plastic, and had something to do with electrical so it was probably faulty and over heated, melting the plastic..

But now after you say this I clearly see tape

Good freakn catch man
Cheers! I never noticed it before until I saw that close up picture earlier. You can kind of see an outline of tape all around the piece.

Edit....

Since it's covered in tape it's now more difficult to find as we don't know what 'tells' maybe under there!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back