arkham knight research thread

ok guys i REALLY need your help, my gauntlets arrived courtesy of @Fawbish, unfortunately though the dimensions are off (my oversight not fawbish), the overall length is perfect, the height and width however are too small and my bare arm is a very tight fit with the bear trap digging into my skin, i really need your suggestions to come up with a solution, i cant afford to get them done again.

View attachment 507877View attachment 507876
desperately need a solution guys, the only thing i can think of involves alot of cutting and infilling.

Hey, overall this is looking like it's going to be an awesome build. I'm excited to see the final paint on everything.. and the bucket, of course.

As for your issue here... I've yet to work with pep files and fiberglass (or whatever the gauntlet may be made from) but I've ran into sizing problems here and there too. It's a major pain. The top part seems to fit, right?
What I would do: cut the bear trap off. the top part of the underside, and like you suggested from there cut a long triangle with the widest point at the top and the narrowest at the wrists and fill (somehow) from there, then re-attach the "bear trap". The trap will end up not meeting the edges of the gauntlet, but it'll still cover the elbow. However, like I said... never worked this way. I'm only on my first armor build and it's from foam. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!

Hey, overall this is looking like it's going to be an awesome build. I'm excited to see the final paint on everything.. and the bucket, of course.

As for your issue here... I've yet to work with pep files and fiberglass (or whatever the gauntlet may be made from) but I've ran into sizing problems here and there too. It's a major pain. The top part seems to fit, right?
What I would do: cut the bear trap off. the top part of the underside, and like you suggested from there cut a long triangle with the widest point at the top and the narrowest at the wrists and fill (somehow) from there, then re-attach the "bear trap". The trap will end up not meeting the edges of the gauntlet, but it'll still cover the elbow. However, like I said... never worked this way. I'm only on my first armor build and it's from foam. Just a suggestion.

Good luck!
unfortunately the bear trap is causing the biggest issue, so that will need cutting also to widen it around 30mm so that I can get it on over a jacket, its going to be a while until I get to this now, uratz isn't shipping the helmets until October now so not much chance of mine arriving for comicon so have decided to stop pushing forward and relax a little and take my time getting everything done.
loving your spidey build.

unfortunately the bear trap is causing the biggest issue, so that will need cutting also to widen it around 30mm so that I can get it on over a jacket, its going to be a while until I get to this now, uratz isn't shipping the helmets until October now so not much chance of mine arriving for comicon so have decided to stop pushing forward and relax a little and take my time getting everything done.
loving your spidey build.

I feel you. Totally makes sense.

And, Thank you!! :)

Ok bats and cats time for another update, unfortunately work has been mental the last week and having a new puppy in the house took up alot of time also, however I have managed to geva few bits done.
View attachment 513340 20150806_181244.jpg20150806_181319.jpg
Grenades are complete, Fawbish printed the fuse boxes and they worked out perfectly, also managed to get one shin buipt and have one layer of resin on the inside, next will be fibreglass followed by filler/resin mix. The second shin is half built, its taking time because I have to keep an eye on the puppy who loves to do everything she is not supposed to so end up chasing her around the house more than anything. Will try get some pics of the shin at some point.

All that remains is to finish building the right shin then harden and sand everything. Then I will look at tackling the gauntlets.

Last edited by a moderator:
everything now built, left shin has one coat of resin and awaiting fibreglass, right shin built, need to cut the wooden skewers and hot glue them in to hold the right shape when I resin it.
will upload pics from phone later, for some reason I cant do from my laptop since I loaded win10

Attachments

• 20150814_145638.jpg
    20150814_145638.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 234
20150820_063620.jpg20150820_063626.jpg
you an see in these two pics ive been trying to fill in the stepped parts to make it easier to put a layer of fibreglass in, unfortunately ive run out of resin and filler and I have to work tomorrow night 6pm - 6am sunday :'(

Looks like its coming along well mate

Yeah, gonna put it on the shelf for a while though, my goddaughter was born over the weekend and ive fallen head over heels for her, going to be spending all the time im allowed to with her. Will still do bits here and there but updates will be slow I coming now.

Yeah, gonna put it on the shelf for a while though, my goddaughter was born over the weekend and ive fallen head over heels for her, going to be spending all the time im allowed to with her. Will still do bits here and there but updates will be slow I coming now.

That's fair enough mate, more than a good enough reason! Better reason than the helmet not being ready. Will look forward to when you get back to it mate.

tiny update, managed to find time to strengthen one shin guard enough to try it on, forgive the work trousers. probably could have made the guard 50mm longer but too late now.
~20150917_173816.jpg

Attachments

• 20150917_173807.jpg
    20150917_173807.jpg
    585.5 KB · Views: 227
gauntlets, i've taken the step and now there is no going back,

first I marked out the best place to cut
~

then I took the very scary step of cutting. ive measured the increase needed and silicone the two parts to a sheet of cardboard in the position I want them,
20150921_144201.jpg~
so far though I haven't had the balls to resin up the gap, thinking of adding a few steel rods across the gap to help hold it all together and strengthen the joint

Attachments

• 20150901_175623.jpg
    20150901_175623.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 20150921_144209.jpg
    20150921_144209.jpg
    420.1 KB · Views: 283
I found this, the camouflage design directly from the in-game model. I know that you have the pants/trousers already but hope this helps anyway:).
Arkham_Knight_Camo_D.jpg
(Click on image to see better)

Last edited:
20151002_170954.jpg
two coats of fibreglass in and so far so good, ive been a little unsure of this due to the heat generated from the resin so ive only been using enough to soak into the fibreglass mat, ive cut a few channels into the edges to open up the inside and allow the resin to get in and really grip, its probably gonna take another 4 layers of fibreglass, then I have the harder job of trying to sort out the bear trap section.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back