arkham knight research thread

there is a dilema i am struggling to decide on, at least 20% of images show A/K with a handgun (not clearly enough to identify the gun) my dilema is should i add a gun and if so where would i put it? i have not seen a holster in any of the images ive found and there is not really much room for one.

Should have the chest fibreglassed today. Halfway through building the back then have to resin and glass it. Then on to the gauntlet :( so not looking forward to it

paper builds, chest 100%, back 85% 20150328_232727.jpg20150404_225738.jpg

got the chest fully fibreglassed today, will take some pics tomorrow.

Well ive just started on the pep files myself and finished the torso. As for the rest, the urban camo suit looks like its a rip stop fabric and theres a company here in Vancouver that does prototype uniforms and the like for the movies and military. He called Hyperstealth and he may be able to print that camo pattern for me. Ill keep you posted on that.
As for the leather over suit I found this pic.arkham_knight__digital_art_by_mayank94214-d7ccbnm.jpg and it shows the outline down the sides onto the hips. I think Ill just sew that up out of vinyl.

Well ive just started on the pep files myself and finished the torso. As for the rest, the urban camo suit looks like its a rip stop fabric and theres a company here in Vancouver that does prototype uniforms and the like for the movies and military. He called Hyperstealth and he may be able to print that camo pattern for me. Ill keep you posted on that.
As for the leather over suit I found this pic.View attachment 463140 and it shows the outline down the sides onto the hips. I think Ill just sew that up out of vinyl.
I have that picture saved to my files, ive not really looked at the materials for a while now, been concentrating on finding a seamstress or tailor to put it all together. I just dont have the skills or time to learn to do it myself.

heres a couple of pics of the chest and back now they are both fibre glassed.
20150422_164344.jpg 20150422_164416.jpg 20150422_164428.jpg
the back plate has a little patch that needs resin which will be done tomorrow.
progress on the gauntlet=
20150422_172651.jpg

ok small update,
helmet purchased from uratz studios http://www.therpf.com/f75/arkham-knight-helmet-injection-molded-223832/
gauntlets, in discussion with Fawbish to 3D print @Bandiets file from here http://www.therpf.com/f77/wip-arkham-knight-model-pepakura-222936/
boots, still havent found any im happy with
chest and back are built and fibre glassed, wont be doing more with them until the jacket is sorted so i can get all the attachments done before finishing and painting
remaining to build=
shoulders, shins, jacket and trousers, belts and pouches, grenades

Last edited by a moderator:
ok guys things are a little slow at the minute as i have no printer, so i am looking to put a few things to bed that can be sorted, but would like your input/opinion/suggestions
1, boots, i have listed a few earlier on this thread, still have not found anything that even resembles the characters boots, anyone know of any boots with buckles and straps that may work?
2,quite a few images show A/K with a gun, but i cannot see on any image where the gun would be kept on this outfit, any suggestions or should i just forget about the gun completely?
3,this one is a bit unusual, due to an accident at the start of the year i have lost half my right index finger as a result gloves look a little odd, any suggestions on how i can fill the glove finger without it looking crap

i await your responses ;)

Guessing nobody has any input. Never mined, managed to print off the rest of the files so updates will come as I get each part built

Stigmorgan, Sorry I haven't read up on this post for a while. The finger problem is fairly easy, make a mold of you middle finger to about where you lost your index finger and cast that out of acrylic. Mold it with a slight bend so it looks natural then put that inside a light weight cotton glove and where that inside which ever gloves you decide to where. Hope that works for that problem and I'll try and look into the other questions you have and answer back ASAP.... Good Luck:)

http://www.sinistersoles.com/v/vspfiles/photos/S-TUK-3-BUCKLE-BOOTS-2.jpg

How about these? They have a heavier sole on them, more like A/K's boots, less buckle on the top of the boot but close...

Lastly, With all of the pics I just looked through,( probably the same ones you have ), I don't see any holster either. I am wondering if he takes it from someone in game and then points it at Batman...
Those boots are fairly good, if I can find them at a low enough price I may go with those. Will have to look into molding for my finger, there is a place near me callex bentley materials, I believe alot of guys here use them for resins and molding gear but they are only open monday to friday while im at work.

Azs for the gun it did cross my mind that its just a pick up in the game but it does look to always be the same smallish handgun with a long barrel/ silencer so wasnt surd, I will probably leave the gun out as trying to get through london to a con wkill be hard enough with fake grenades let alone a gun.

small update, one hand plate and one shoulder built
20150512_203120.jpg20150512_203239.jpg
20150515_174431.jpg20150515_174440.jpg
ive started the biceps but unfortunately halfway through i test fitted and its too small so gonna have to print out agan

I'm thinking about doing an Arkham Knight. I made one shoulder plate a few weeks back, just not sure if I want to press on.

I too was unhappy with the pants I found, so I have the bright idea of just getting some regualar black cargo or "tactical" pants, making a handful of stencils, and spray painting the red camo on myself. Maybe some white too, dunno. In some pictures I don't see any white at all and on others I do see a little bit.

I bought a cheapojacket to start as a base to modify on amazon but wasn't happy with it so I sent it back. You're welcome to try it though.. I'm leaning towards cloth track jacket to get the high collar but still be tight fitting like his, then maybe add on some pleather accents on top of it.
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Baidis-Men...sim_193_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Y914Y3RDZCH6H341TW8

For boots, keep an eye on woot.com as they have Bates Zero Mass boots pop up from time to time, I got mine from there for my Arrow costume and I just plan on reusing them.

one shin ready for resin, i think i messed up the measurements though and it looks a little short
20150522_221658.jpg
20150522_221635.jpg
20150522_221620.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking about doing an Arkham Knight. I made one shoulder plate a few weeks back, just not sure if I want to press on.

I too was unhappy with the pants I found, so I have the bright idea of just getting some regualar black cargo or "tactical" pants, making a handful of stencils, and spray painting the red camo on myself. Maybe some white too, dunno. In some pictures I don't see any white at all and on others I do see a little bit.

I bought a cheapojacket to start as a base to modify on amazon but wasn't happy with it so I sent it back. You're welcome to try it though.. I'm leaning towards cloth track jacket to get the high collar but still be tight fitting like his, then maybe add on some pleather accents on top of it.
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Baidis-Men...sim_193_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=0Y914Y3RDZCH6H341TW8

For boots, keep an eye on woot.com as they have Bates Zero Mass boots pop up from time to time, I got mine from there for my Arrow costume and I just plan on reusing them.

feel free to use this thread for you progress pics dude, those jackets look pretty good but as i am going for accuracy i am gonna get the whole thing made from scratch (if i ever find someone that can do it for me)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back