Arkham City Batman (finished) and Catwoman 3D printed Cowls

Finhead

Sr Member
About half way through getting these ready for molding. The Bat cowl will be mastered twice, once as is (smoothed out) and once with the brow detail and texture as well as battle damage.
The Cat cowl will now be primed and sanded, then I will install the seam lines and textured pattern.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Arkham City Bat and Cat 3D print WIP

You guys are killing me with all this Batman stuff!

And by killing me I mean making me incredibly jealous I cant afford most of it! LOL

Seriously though - very awesome stuff - I think the Arkham games are the best overall representation of how awesome Batman is. I'd love to get one of these cowls someday from you.

Re: Arkham City Bat and Cat 3D printed Cowls WIP

Had a few PM's abou this, but no posts. :lol
These are both direct from the game files so they are 100% accurate to what is seen in the game. And yes they will be fully wearable (run in 40 shore urethane) the Bat at around 24" and the Cat at 22.5", that is what we estimate them at anyway.

And, FWIW, things like the frown on the batman cowl and all the seams on catwoman are done - in game - with what are called normal maps. Essentially using the direction of light to fake a 3D relief on an object to give it the appearance of more detail. This is why they have to add those manually.

FWIW, I flat LOVE the batman as is now. It's the one i've wanted since I first played Arkham Asylum.

Can't wait to see the cat with the seams on it!

Showed my girlfriend the catwoman mask... bad idea.

She wants one.

I want the arkham cowl as well pending if it will fit my head. The only hard part about getting your begins on is getting past the neck area. This looks like it would be easier? It would probably fit me.

They're all hard to get past the neck. That's half the fun. :lol Just gotta inch it on slowly. Takes practice.

Hope to mold the Bat cowl this weekend so might have a pull next week some time if all goes well.

well look at this...i lose my job.... i cant afford my iron man project...and then i see THIS...im SO IN for a smooth one! DONE! i dont care if i go for bust! haha

Finhead was putting the finishing touches on this today and had to close the eyes off for molding and we kinda got a cool look so snapped a quick pic for you guys. :wink

9c7bf06d.jpg

Hope to mold this in the next few days.

And the first casting thrown on my head. Keep in mind I have a pretty small head so I had to pad this quick so it pushes my nose down a bit more than it needed to,good for a 5 min setup. Very happy with the results and fits quit a range of head sizes from 22 1/4" (me) up to 24 1/8" (Kev) just fine.
And should be noted no eye black was used this is all cowl. :)

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

I work at a 3d printer / prototyper and that must have cost you an arm to print! There is some dedication!!!!!! They look sick!

Thanks guys, we are pretty happy with it. Hope to have a blue one to show off tomorrow sometime. :)

Fantastic work! The lack of eye makeup required is an astonishingly good feat, as there is nothing worse than sweating that stuff down your face under your cowl after a few hours of wear!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back